Chapter 3

*Dawn's POV*

"Thanks for coming to dinner." I smiled.

Thanks for having me." He smirked. From the outsider's perspective, he doesn't seem like the polite kind of guy.

I couldn't stop myself from what I was about to do so I didn't try. I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Please be careful." I told him.

"I will." He said, pulling me into a tight hug. Something about this just felt right.

He climbed onto his bike and put his helmet on. "See you around." He winked.

I couldn't help but blush at the sight of him winking at me. "See you on the sings." I told him before he sped off into the darkness.

I walked back inside, now realizing how cold I was since I wasn't wearing a jacket.

"He seems like a nice kid." My dad said to me when I walked into his office.

"I think so, too." I agreed, my mind being filled with the image of his smile.

"Carter!" My mother screeched from the kitchen.

"Sorry, darling. We'll talk later, yeah?" My father swiftly exited the room.

I followed him out, but headed to my room.

I grabbed my sketch pad, a few of my fashion magazines, and my iPod and threw them on my bed. I found my headphones and tucked them in my pocket while I searched for my new lucky pencil. As I was digging through one of many different pencil cases to find my lucky pencil, I heard an angry pounding at my door. I felt goosebumps cover my body and chills run down my spine. My breath quickened and my hands began to shake.

"Come on, princess. Let me in!" I heard Carson pound.

"Go away, Carson!" I yelled back, my voice not really sounding like a yell but more like a scared child.

"Don't make me break in, princess. You know things are worse that way. I told you not to say anything." He continued pounding and fiddling with the doorknob.

"Carson, I didn't say anything. Leave me alone! I promise I didn't say a word!" I hollered, my voice a little louder now.

"Fine, princess, whatever you say." Everything became silent. That was the most frightening thing to me.

Just then the door flew open. "Why were you two up here alone so long then?" He interrogated.

"I.. We... I didn't say anything to him, Carson. Please, just leave." I pointed to the now open door.

"Tisk tisk, princess. You didn't lose your precious innocence to some random boy did you? You know that belongs to me." He stepped closer.

"We didn't do anything. We were just talking." I stepped backwards away from him.

"About what?!" He whisper yelled in my face.

"School and his dad." I pushed him as hard as I could, but he didn't budge much.

"I doubt that, princess. Don't lie to me." He hissed in my ear before kissing my neck. I felt sick.

"Get off of me you sicko!!!!" I screamed. After that he disappeared and I ran downstairs to find my dad.

"Dad! Dad! Dad! Where are you?!" I yelled as I ran through the house.

"In here, princess." He called from the kitchen.

I rushed in the kitchen to find my mother and father standing opposite the room, her face bright red with anger, his facial features seemed relaxed.

"Daddy? Can I sleep by you tonight? Carson broke my door..." I wrapped my arms around him and held as tight as I could.

"Get out of here!" My mother screeched.

"Jenna!" My dad snapped at her before turning back to me. "Why did he do that, princess?" He asked.

"Don't call me princess, dad. That's what he calls me whenever he's mad at me. And I don't know, he's crazy. Dad, he was kissing my neck and said if I didn't listen to him I was gonna get hurt." I felt tears begin to slide down my face.

"You can't sleep in our room. You have your own. That's why it's called your room!" My mother hissed at me.

"Jenna, we have a king sized bed, we have plenty of room." My dad told her.

"I don't care. We give up enough space to Jordan when he comes in!" My mother's face grew redder and redder, which I didn't think possible.

"You know what? I'll just go to Molly's house. I'll be back sometime tomorrow." I told my dad.

"Okay, sweetie. Call me when you're on your way home or whenever you decide what time you plan on coming home." My dad patted my back before sending me off to my room.

I scanned the hallway before darting to my room. I had an "emergency bag" that I kept in my closet for times like this. I grabbed it and ran out the door and drove back to the old elementary school. I sat on the swings for a while and thought about what I was going to do. We couldn't go to the cops about this because then my dad's image would be ruined and he's worked too hard to give that up. I began to swing and continued to think about what else I could do. After about two hours I decided to leave.

I picked up my phone and dialed Molly's phone number.

"Hello?" A lazy voice answered.

"Jackson?" I questioned. Jackson was Molly's boyfriend who occasionally spent the night.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"Who's that, babe?" I heard Molly's voice in the background.

"It's Dawn." He said, his voice becoming distant.

"Dawn, is everything okay?" She asked, she knew what went on and she was always the one I went to, but I tried to stay away and let her have her time with Jackson when they wanted it.

"Oh.. Umm.. Erm... Yeah... I was just going to ask if you wanted to have a sleepover, but if you're with Jackson I don't want to intrude. I'll talk to you tomorrow." I hung up.

I climbed into my car and turned the heat on. "What am I going to do?" I mumbled.

I had a small bed made in the back of my car. I didn't use the back seats very often so they were folded down and I had several pillows and blankets back there so I could sleep there when Molly was busy. I tried one more person before I was going to resort to sleeping in the trunk of my car.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Misses Ford, is Sarah there?" I asked.

"She's actually out with Devin. Can I take a message?" She asked, her voice almost sickeningly sweet.

"Umm.. No. I just wanted to know if she wanted to have a sleepover tonight, but nevermind. Thanks, bye." I hung up.

"Looks like it's the trunk for me." I mumbled, wrapping myself up in my jacket and remaking the "bed" in my trunk.

I laid some down to lay on and covered up with the rest of them. I was surrounded by pillows that made my feel like I was safely tucked in a cacoon.

I tucked my purse and anything else of value under the seats and in the glove box.

I locked the doors with the remote on my keys and slid them into my inside jacket pocket and laid there quietly, trying to get some sleep.