Rizzoli & Isles - Everything is coming to an end

Maura's POV
Me and Jane sat on the couch. "Here's to change," Jane said, with a smile. I gave her a smile back and said "to change", and we toasted. I looked at the kitchen and saw rest of the family, having a blast, with no clue of what we are talking about. "When are you gonna tell them?" I asked and looked back at Jane. She sighed. "When I'm ready." She said and looked at them. I could see it was hard for her. It would be hard for everyone. "I'm proud of you," I said, reaching for her hand. I had to be strong for her, even though I'm struggling on the inside. "Thank you," she said. "Thank you for supporting me." She filled in. "I know this is not easy for you either." She said. "I'm going to miss you." I said, tearing up. "Well, I'm not gone yet." She said. I smiled. "What are you two whispering about?" Angela shouted from the kitchen. Jane laughed and stood up. I joined her and we walked to the others.

Two hours later
"I should go home too," Jane said and looked at me. "No stay." I said, putting my hand on her arm. She looked at my hand then up at me. If she only thought same as me, I thought. "I don't know Maura. It's late, and we got work tomorrow." She said with a sigh. "I know we got work. I just ask you to stay the night, nothing more." I said, looking at her with puppy eyes. "It will be like the first time you slept over." I said, laughing. Jane smiled. "No it won't. I was...." She stopped. "What?" I asked. "Nothing. Yeah I'll stay the night." She said, smiling.

Jane's POV
Some days later Korsak found out about me leaving. Having that dialog with him, felt like I needed to tell my family. Telling Korsak was really hard and emotional. So on the evening I told ma and Frankie. Ma of course, broke down and cried. Even though I know she is proud of me. The word spread of BPD really fast. Kent came with the idea to throw me and Maura a goodbye party since Maura decided to go to Paris. The party was a blast and so sad in same way. Saying goodbye to everyone was really hard and seing everyone's speech was touching. I'm going to miss everyone here.

Maura's POV
After the goodbye party, Jane was at my place. I went throw my checklist to be absolutely sure I got everything. Then Jane handed me an envelope and inside it was a ticket to Paris. "You coming to Paris?" I said in excitement. "Yes!" She said, happy. "We are gonna have a full month in France together!" I said. "I know." She responded. "This is not how I pictured the next chapter starting." I said. "Maybe that's the beauty of it." She said. I smiled at her.

Week/s later in Paris
"Maura, pleeease can we get some coffee?" Jane whined. We walked through Louvren. I knew Jane hated all kind of history and culture stuff and even more when she hadn't get her morning coffee. "Yeah let's go," I said. We walked down to a little café next to Eiffel Tower. "Can we go shopping next?" I asked. "I have to tell you one thing Maura." Jane said. "Okay... what is it Jane?" I asked, kinda worried. "I want you to move with me. I'm not sure I can manage to be that far away from you." Jane said. I reached for her hand. "Of course you will. We will call snd facetime each other every day." I said, giving her a smile. "It's not the same thing. I can't live without you. I need you. I love you Maura." She said and looked me straight into my eyes. I wasn't sure what I would say. "I love you, Jane, a lot. And as hard it's for me to let you leave, I can't just drop everything." I said. "But I can promise you, I will go and visit you as often I can. We can do this, long distance relationship for a while then we will see what happens. Maybe in a year, I will move to you but I'm not ready to leave Boston yet." I said and smiled. I could see she was disappointed. I leaned over the table and kissed her. "I love you." I said against her lips as she kissed me back.