Rizzoli & Isles - Afraid

Rizzles story based on the episodes after Maura getting kidnapped. Enjoy!

Jane looked at the paramedic. "What she said," the paramedic responded. Jane smiled at Maura, knowing she was ok when she talked science. Korsak came walking up to them. "You go with her. She needs you." He said, with a hand on Jane's shoulder and looking at Maura who almost cried. "We finish up here. Take care of her." He filled in. Jane nodded and he walked away. The paramedics rolled Maura into the ambulance, and Jane hurried to get in. "You are going with me?" Maura asked. "Of course," she replied and grabbed her hand. "I heard him on the phone, he's not working alone." Maura sobbed. "What did he want?" She said, almost crying. "I-I don't know," Jane said and bent down to hug her. "He's dead, and you are safe, that's what matters. It's over for now." She whispered, trying to calm Maura. They arrived at the hospital, and the paramedics rolled Maura inside. "You need to wait here if she doesn't allow you to follow." One of the paramedics said. "You want-" Jane said and got cut off by Maura. "I want you by my side Jane." She said. Jane stood in a corner, staring at Maura. They ran some tests and clarify Maura as healthy. "You can go home now, ms Isles." The doctor said.

Maura and Jane arrived to Maura's place. "You want something?" Jane asked. Maura nodded and sat down on the couch. "Are you okay?" Jane asked, walking up to her. Maura shook her head. "Did he hurt you?" She asked and brought her into a hug. Once again, she shook her head. "I'm afraid," she said, almost whispering. Jane squeezed her tighter. "You are safe now. I won't let anyone take you again," she said. She hated to see Maura like this, a strong women like her shouldn't be this broken and vunerable. She kissed her forehead and pulled away, looking at her red, puffy eyes. There was a noise, and both of them jumped up. Jane pulled out her gun, and pushed Maura behind her. A tea kettle. Maura laughed and sat down again. "I'm getting paranoid." Jane said and put her gun down. "Will you stay the night?" Maura asked. "It's not a question, of course I'm staying the night, I won't let any person near you again. I'm sleeping out here, from here I can protect both you and ma." Jane said. "Just promise me you will sleep and not stay awake all night." Maura said. "We will see about that," Jane mumbled. Maura got up and came back with two blankets and pillows. She walked away again and came back in her pyjamas. "There's clothes lying on my bed." She said. Jane walked away as Maura sat/half lying down on the couch. When Jane got back, she looked weird at her. "What are you doing?" She asked. "I'm sleeping out here, with you." Maura said. "Aha," Jane said, looking at her suspicious. "You are sleeping here because you want to make sure I won't stay awake all night." She said, and crawled under the blanket. "Maybe," Maura said smiling. "Hives Maura, hives." Jane laughed. They stayed awake for an hour or so, talking. Both of them had a lot to process.

Jane woke up early in the morning. She realised Maura was sleeping infront of her. She brushed some straw of hair away from her face and kissed her gently on her hair. "I wish you knew how much I love you." She whispered. After a few seconds, Maura spoke up. "I love you too." She said. Jane's eyes froze. Maura opened her eyes and turned around. The space between them decrease as their lips met. Maura smiled as they pulled apart.