Chapter 2: Raise Your Weapons

Chapter Song:

-Raise Your  Weapon by Deadmau5

-She's Got You High by Mumm-ra 

Cole's POV

"Well Cole its nice to meet you, I know that your probably not to stoked to be here, but well I'm going to be your best friend for the next few months. Plus its a free chance to talk about anything you want to with out someone judging you." Leslie was my therapist, she had chestnut brown hair that swung to below her ears in a bob, she was tall and very skinny, her face was sharp and pointy-kind of reminded me of a bird. She looked like she was in her 40's,and was right. She was probably the only friends I would have for a few months. It seems kind of sad now that I'm all alone, but lets just say I'm used to it.   "Why don't you tell me the first thing on your mind thats bothering you." She gave me a gentle encouragement to get started. She seemed easy to talk to, which is good because I really did need someone to talk to.   "Okay I will tell you about my mom and dad.." I sighed hugging my arms around myself making myself feel small. My parents weren't something that I talked about often. Okay it wasn't something I talked about ever to anyone, Not even Victoria.

"I remember coming home from school one day. Actually I remember it very clearly, I opened the door of the house after the bus dropped me off and called for my mother all through out the house. We lived in Minnesota at the time and the low winter degrees made me shiver so mom always made me wear a big burgundy snow jacket, warm pants, little snow boots, black mittens, and a knit cap with lamas around it. I was tracking snow into the house as I searched for my mom.

I guess I should have recognized something was wrong when the thermostat was off, that made the house almost Produce frost. But I was naive with my winter coat still snug around me with a frost bitten nose.

So when I finally found my mother she was in her bathtub still as a wax figure, lips as blue as a ripe winter berry. Her eyes were half open in icy blue pain, and her favorite red polka dot dress clung to her thin frame that way you could see every crease in her 30 year old body." I took in a deep breath closing my eyes, trying to repress myself from shaking. This was harder to talk about then I thought. But I continued on talking anyways.

"I remember being so confused asking mommy what was wrong, why mommy wasn't moving, why she couldn't talk. I was shell shocked and at one point I climbed into the chilly water and just clung to her dead body. I didn't understand. I was so confused of what was happening. I wasn't that dumb of a 7 year old, I just think that I was as numb as her body at that point and therefore my mind was  numb.

I sat with her in that tub shivering for five hours until my dad came home. I remember him calling my name but I couldn't register, I remembering him having to peel me off of my dead mothers body. And I also remember the next day when I woke up and I wasn't in my bed. My dad was next to my hospital bed side looking as if he hadn't slept in years with his blood shot eyes and sullen face.

He then realizes I was awake and explained to me how mommy just couldn't take it any more and it wasn't my fault.He explained how my body got to cold and how I almost died too. Next thing I knew daddy was crying clinging to my body saying how he could have been alone and how he was so glad I was alive." Then I my self found a few tears faling down my cheeks, I pulled my knees up to my chest and resting my head on my knees. I feel so small..   My therapist who was also sitting in a bright orange square chair next to me sat her hand on my knee and said,"You don't have to continue if you don't want to Cole."   "No no, I can do it." I told her whiping away the tears from my face and taking another deep breath.