Sherlock-ette: Elementary (Chapter 10)

Thursday, 24th of October:

Ugh. I felt terrible. Guilty. People were dying and it was because I couldn't find proof that it was Amaryliss who was killing them. I needed a murder weapon, but even Amaryliss wasn't dumb enough to leave it lying around...

A small slip of paper landed infront on the sofa where I was sitting feeling like crap. I looked up and saw Heather, holding her own piece of paper.

"What's this?" I asked, picking it up.

"A bus pass," said Heather. It was indeed, on inspection, a bus pass. "Come on, we're going out to get dresses for the haloween party."

"Haloween party?" I puzzled.

Heather shook her head with a small smile on her glossed lips. "You know, at the Jump? Next thursday?"

I had completely forgotten about the anual haloween party. Lee's brother (the light guy) and his friend ran a nightclub called the Jump which was designed for students, someone must have mentioned it to Heather.

"I can't go shopping now Heather, I have to catch this killer before she bumps off anymore cheerleaders," I said, slumping back on to the couch.

"Oh, and you're going to do that from the couch are you?"

I chewed my lip. "I guess not. What do you think I should do? We need proof."

"I know what you should do," said Heather. "You need to stop obsessing and come and have some fun! Look at you Macy, you're nineteen. Live a little!"

"But the killer-"

"Could strike at any time, I know," she sighed. "Olivia told me that when I asked her. Come on Macy, you need a break or you'll never be able to think clearly!"

She had a point. "I don't have enough money for a new dress," I said feebly. God my excuses are bad. I just didn't feel like it would be fair for me to have fun incase anyone got murdered on my watch.

As if she could read my mind, Heather went "Nothing is going to happen in a few hours, plus I know this place downtown which sells really cheap haloween costumes. What'dya say Mace?"

I thought about it, then smiled. "Oh okay..."

"Awesome!" chirped Heather.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, still the 24th:

We had such a good time!

"God I don't think I've had this much fun in ages, and I've been to alot of parties!" I exclaimed. Heather laughed.

"You deserve it Macy! Star of the Criminal Justice class!"

Heather was right about the cheap store. I got a purple strapless dress, fishnet gloves and black wings for ten dollars including tax! I decided to be some sort of dark mistress in combat boots- my dark hair is a great asset at this time of year. The same could be said for Heather, who bought an orange carnival-style dress with yellow sequins at the bottom so, with her ginger hair, would make her look as if she was on fire.

"Maybe we could convince Olivia to come here tomorow," suggested Heather. "Since you're being darkness she could wear yellow and be light."

I almost choked on my pepsi. "No way would Olivia be caught dead in a yellow dress!" 

We spent the next hour sitting on a bench talking about the elementals on Crash Bandicoot, which we both shared a passion for, on the PS2 ofcourse, not Xbox. Then we moved on to Heather's dance class.