Sherlock-ette: Elementary (Chapter 6)

13th October:

The thing with steakouts is that it's alot of waiting around with very few snack or loo, I mean bathroom, breaks.

"You want the last slice of pizza?" I asked Olivia.

"You have it, I've had loads", she answered not taking her eyes away from the target (which means the steakout-e, which in this case means Amaryliss).

I frowned, "You've had one slice".

"Never mind that!" she snapped. "We gotta move."

I rolled my eye inwardly. She never used to snap at me. "Cool," was all I said. "My bum was going seriously numb."

As we moved from our place behind a cold and uncomfortable wall I grabbed the last slice of pizza and chucked the box in the bin. Amaryliss sauntered out of campus with a gang of her groupies pulling her top down a bit just incase someone didn't already have a graphic veiw of her bra.

"I swear if that girl shakes her arse any harder when she walks she's going to break something", I muttered as we tailed her.

Olivia giggled then pulled me to the other side of the road. Eventually we came to a hair salon, one of the really cheap ones where you can get your hair dunked in dye for a fiver, I mean five bucks.

"Figures," was all Olivia said as we leaned against the salon.

"When they come out, we get our butts behind the weave advert, yeah?" I suggested, cramming the pizza I'd been carrying in my mouth.

Olivia nodded then shot me a glare. "I wish you wouldn't stuff your face so much Macy, God it's disgusting." I made noises of pleasure at the pizza, but she just got more annoyed. "Seriously girl! How are going to keep up with those cheerleader sticks if you eat like that!"

I blinked. I'm taller than Olivia but I've always been quite skinny, a few slices of pizza wasn't going to change that. Like the cheerleaders we hung out with would ever put pressure on me to lose weight! Only Amaryliss's gang does that. Plus it;s not high school, people generally just hang out with who they like, fat detective nerd or no.

However, I figured that Olivia was just fed up of the steak out. So far we'd watched Amaryliss sneer at thirteen people and openly insult two. We'd been watching her for half an hour. I guessed that after the salon trip she'd go and eat a salad for lunch then spend an hour in the bathroom touching up her make up, then she'd probably go and 'hook up' with someone like Evan.

Remeber what I said before about this not being a highschool? Yeah, Amaryliss definately thinks it is.

"Get back!" hissed Olivia, pulling me behind the weave advert then in to the ally around the side of the salon.

"Ouch!" I whispered. "Rip my arm off why don't you?"

"Shhhh!"

We peered around the corner. "Just a girl going on her break," said Olivia, leaning back, but I was on to something.

"Hear that?" I asked.

"What?"

"That!" I whispered. "Somebody just went out the back."

"Why are we standing here then? Let's go!" said Olivia. I didn't need to be told twice and, would you believe it, it actually was Amaryliss leaving the salon... on her own.

"Eureka," I breathed.

"Your what?" asked Olivia, but I was already on Amaryliss's tail.

This time I was sure she was up to something. Every few minutes she would look over her shoulder and dive down side streets without warning.