Bonds and Grudges

Recappy From the Last Chappy: "WHAT? And you assigned her on a mission to do with him?" Zakuro pounded her fists onto the desk. "What were you thinking? She didn't even know he was alive 'til four days ago! Oh my God . . . Oh my God . . . I'm going to lose her, I just know it . . . Please, Tsunade-sama, tell me you're joking."

"I'm not. There wasn't anyone else left for the mission. It's not as though I put her alone, though. Hopefully, Sasuke will keep her in line."

Worriedly, she bit her lip. Enough today, she had been irrational. Right now, she had to stay with her strength and wait out until Krystal and Sasuke returned from the mission. However long that was going to be . . . "I see. Thank you."

Chapter Nineteen: Bonds and Grudges

Hasu Kaiku Hotel, up on the fifth floor, is where Krystal and Sasuke would be spending their nights until the mission was complete. As the night set in, Krystal sat on one of the two beds in the room, knees drawn up in her most comfortable position at her chest as she blankly stared at the sepia sheets. One of her hands rested on her knees lazily, and the other absently rubbed the sheets between her fingertips.

Sasuke, on the other hand, was seemingly reading a scroll while sitting on the other bed. The scroll he had found in the archives on the day before he was assigned the mission. It required some decoding he had yet to do, and probably would be doing now, but he was far to distracted. Occasionally, he would hear her sigh, so he snuck a glance. She had been in that pitiful state for a long time, ever since they introduced themselves to Elegance.

His brow furrowed down. He remembered Elegance's reaction to learning Krystal's name; calling her that Krystal. Who did he think he was? Giving her a glare like that . . . If Sasuke's mission wasn't to protect the guy, then he would have given him a good beating.

And to add to all that, he was curious now more than ever as to what their history was.

Dude, if you're so curious, then just-Oh, I dunno-ASK her! Yin complained from the Uchiha's left shoulder. Wonderin' sure as hell isn't helpin' ya any.

Yang brought her arms up to make an "X," showing her disapproval. That would be terribly insensitive! An-Oh wait . . . That actually mightn't be such a bad idea, she said in disbelief. In front of Sasuke's face she began to hover. Sasuke-kun! Yin has a point; that is the right thing! If you ask her in a REALLY nice way, so she doesn't get upset . . . Show her how much you care!

He retaliated defensively. Wait a second, when did I say that I cared about her?

Yang smiled and shook her hips in an egotistical way with a wink. Did you think that just because Yin and I weren't there that I didn't catch you holding Krystal's hand ? Seeing Sasuke blush and look away, she gasped in astonishment and began to dance. He didn't deny it! He didn't deny it!

Yin gave Sasuke the stink eye. You realize that bimbo isn't gonna let go of this for DAYS? I hope you're happy, he said slowly.

He didn't deny it! He didn't deny it! In your face, Yin!

Before Sasuke could reply, he heard Krystal sigh again. He glanced at her, watching as she swung her legs over the side and slipped on her sandals. Then, she stood up and walked towards the door. "Not that it matters to me," he started for the sake of Yang's gloating, "but where are you going?"

She stopped. "I'm . . . going for a walk. I just . . . I need to be alone for awhile."

Hn. I expected her to say something like 'if it doesn't matter, why'd you ask!' . . . "Oh . . . Don't get lost."