Things I Already Know

Recappy From the Last Chappy: "Shut up—What do you know?" he retorted, eyes seeming to shoot poison darts wherever they looked.

Well, it is all your fault! If you had listened to her, then you wouldn't be here, now, would you? You wouldn't have been in the hospital, either. You wouldn't of had to recover from Orochimaru-san trying to steal your soul!

"I said SHUT UP!" Sasuke yelled. "LEAVE ME THE HECK ALONE!" His breathe became heavy, anger coursing through his veins. Even though the voice did not respond, he backhanded the wall hard enough that a small crack was formed. I have to get out of here . . . SOON.

Chapter 4: Things I Already Know

"I wish Kiba would hurry up already. I mean, seriously, with Akamaru‛s nose, he should‛ve found Hinata in no time, right?" Ino complained as her and Krystal waited outside the prison, the former less patient than the latter.

"I guess so," Krystal replied distantly, not caring a smidgen for the blonde‛s complaints or for what was taking Kiba so long. She was more concerned with why Akamaru‛s nose found Hinata here. What business would Hinata have at Konoha prison? "We have plenty of time, though. Tsunade baa-chan only wants us there by nightfall."

"Well, yeah, but if we get there early, then maybe we can take a look around the town and shops there. Do you have any idea how long it‛s been since I‛ve been at Tanzaku Town?"

"No, I don‛t." Hinata wouldn‛t come to visit Uchiha, right? She barely knew him . . . .

"Well, it‛s been a long time . . . . Now that I think about it, it‛s been awhile since I‛ve been anywhere outside Konoha. Tsunade-sama‛s been assigning me missions inside the village—even though I‛m a chuunin."

Krystal only nodded. Nah, she wouldn‛t have the GUTS to talk to him, she‛s not that bold at all . . . . "Couldn‛t be . . . ." she murmured aloud.

"Huh?"

"Oh. Nothing. Kiba and Hinata are coming back," Krystal said, snapping out of her thoughts and using Kiba and Hinata as a cover up. Ino looked at the entrance as Krystal did, watching the two other chuunin and dog approach.

"Okay, I got ‛er. So what are the mission details?" Kiba announced.

Giving an annoyed look to Hinata, whom averted her gaze sheepishly, the other Hyuuga opened the scroll she obtained for the Fifth Hokage and began to read aloud. "‛Your mission is a request from one of the feudal lords of an allying nation called, 'Britain.' You are to meet his son, by the name of Maboroshi, in Tanzaku Town and escort him as an addition to his original guard to the Sand Village. This mission is critical, as Maboroshi is to be arranged to be bound in holy matrimony with the daughter of one of the Wind Country‛s feudal lord to finalize the alliance between the two countries. This mission must succeed, or else Konoha‛s own alliance with both the Wind Country and Britain will be put in jeopardy.‛ Britain? Where the heck is that?"

Ino shrugged. "Who cares? I wonder if there‛ll be any eye candy on this trip . . . ."

"This sounds like one of those fly-by missions. So easy . . ." Kiba said as he stretched and put his hands behind his head. But at least it‛s just me and the ladies!

Krystal simply rolled her eyes. "Anyway, she wants us in Tanzaku Town by nightfall, so when should we meet up after packing? Noon-ish?"

"Sure."

"That sounds about right."

"All right then, we‛ll meet at Konoha‛s gates by noon."

Ino and Kiba went their separate ways, and the Hyuuga girls left in the same direction that was different from the others as their destination was the same. Neither spoke for awhile, Krystal getting some key points across to Hinata through her body language alone: Narrowed eyes; mouth twisted in suspicion; her overall expression gave the impression that she was glowering. Hinata started to fidget and bite her lip, nervously looking around to avoid Krystal‛s look.