Chapter Nineteen: Captured

   "Why do you have to ask any questions?" Cathy asked petting Jon Jon. Her eyes remained fixed on his stomach as it moved up and down. "Shouldn't you already know everything? You knew about Dani and Joseph, about what lessens my powers, about what can knock out a dream walker. What else could you possibly want to know?"

   Brent wagged a finger at her, "Hush, none of this concern's you."

   Cathy looked like she wanted to argue, but a broken moan from Jon Jon stopped her. She cooed at him, and shot daggers at Brent.

    He only smirked.

    "Before you ask us anything," Joseph said, his voice tight with displeasure. "I want to know why you called Pup your sister."

    Brent raised his arms, "Are you really to stupid to figure it out? Or do you want me to baby you and draw you a picture?"

     This time, I growled.

     Brent's smirk widened. "So the affection goes both way's, does it? I have to say I'm surprised. I honestly thought that what happened was a one time thing between you two. obviously, I already knew that Joseph was still lusting after, but I never thought you would be lusting after him. Not again. And especially not while you was still with Trevor."

     "Go fuck yourself," I hissed at him.

     "Now, how am I supposed to do that?" 

     "Like I give a damn, just go do it."

     Brent tsked, "Careful, you really shouldn't try to piss me off. After all, your mate is my hostage." He spat the word at me like it was something that I was ashamed of, and right now, I was. He kept bringing up what Joseph and I did, and I couldn't help but think of what would happen if- when- he tell's Trevor.

      If he hadn't already.

     To make him mad, or angry. To make him resent Joseph and I, I knew those where the reason's Brent would tell Trevor. So that the pack would slowly start to fall apart, bit by agonizing bit.

     Julian snorted, "I bet she wouldn't even care if you killed him."

    Brent nodded his head in agreement. "True. She's set, either way it goes. She's mated with the Alpha. Bonded with the second in charge, and her brother's in another pack, which mean's when we kill Joseph and Trevor, she will automatically be in are pack."

   "I would never join another pack you ass! Unlike you I want to stay loyal to my pack even if my mate was killed. But he won't be. He's stronger then that and-" I stopped my rant halfway through, his words finally sinking in. "What do you mean 'bonded' with the second in line?" That had to be Joseph, since he didn't fit any of the others that Brent described.

   Joseph clenched his fists together, but stayed silent. His eyes looked haunted and puffy, as though he was suddenly fighting back tears. But why?  

   Brent clapped his hands together and laughed loudly. "You haven't even told her yet, have you?" He asked Joseph, then looked at Cathy. "And neither have you?"  

   Cathy held up her middle finger, her face drained of any emotion, but remained silent. Julian hit her cage door and hissed for her to try and show some manners, I didn't pay any attention to them though my full attention now on Brent.  

    "What haven't they told me?"  

    "You, my dear girl are bonded to your little lover boy there." Brent told me.