Chapter Fifteen: Alpha

   "What is wrong with you?" Trevor asked, stealing the tray from in front of me and inhaling the food with a grin. I didn't try and stop him; I wasn't hungry anymore, which worried me. I was always  hungry these days. I dropped my fork onto the table and brought the hand to meet my other so both hands cradled my chin.

    I'm losing my mind, I thought but instead I said, "I'm just tired."

     “That’s not new.” Jon Jon said around a mouthful of his sandwich. "You’re always tired these days, and your also a rotten liar."

    I scowled. "Mind your own damn business."

    "Dani?" Cathy asked timidly from beside Jon Jon. "Is something wrong?"

    I looked around at everybody, shocked that they even had to ask. In less than twenty-four hours we where planning on sneaking into enemy wolf territory, threaten the leader, and hopefully come to some agreement so that they will no longer try and kill me. And yet, they all sit around me with innocently dumb expressions on their faces, waiting for me to talk. 

   "Are you all serious?" I hissed, lowing my voice so the patience in the hospital cafeteria wouldn't hear me. Already Jon Jon and Blake had fought over a piece of cake, and that had almost got us thrown out, even though Saya is not technically allowed to leave the hospital for another week. "We are about to leave Artixius and right into the hands of Wolfs that want me dead! That, if we fight with, might kill one of you! And you really ask if I'm alright?"

   Brent snorted, "Like some damned Weres could hurt us."

   Trevor sent Brent a glare and grasped my hand firmly in his. "We'll be fine. It’s not the first time the pack- Or the Vamps, Witch, or Fae- has been in a fight."

     "But this will be the first time you all get in a fight because of me." I shot back.

     Saya cleared her throat, something she didn't have to do since she didn't have to breathe. "Actually, it’s not."

     "What?"

     "She's right," Cathy agreed, sitting straighter in her seat. "You've seen the fight your pack brothers and we got in, right?" I nodded confused, and Cathy continued. "That was because of you."

      "Why?"

     "Actually, they fought because of you." Jon Jon explained. "We were just fighting to stay alive. We had no idea Were's where living around Artixius- Other than David, that is- so we had no idea that the wolf pack was trying to protect there she-wolf, even before she turned."

    "We are beastly protective of are women," Joseph agreed.

    "Shut the hell up," Saya mumbled clutching at the table. "Fucking traitor, you shouldn't even be here."

     "We need him, Joseph is our best fighter." Brent defended Joseph, and Trevor and I nodded our heads in agreement. 

     “I grew up fighting,And I can tell you right now that we won’t need someone like him-” Saya pointed angrily at Joseph, who only smiled. “-to help us. He would only get us killed. Hell, he'll probably call side with David and tell him we are coming just to get us killed.”

    “He wouldn't do that.” I disagreed, shifting uncomfortably in my seat when everyone, including Joseph, turned to stare at me in shock. “Joseph isn't a traitor, he's been helping me every since I've become a wolf. He's arrogant, obviously, but he is our best fighter and my sire. You can't blame him for something his father did.”