Chapter 2: The Cloud Sea Village

The sun rose the next day and seeped through Inrukka's bedroom window streaking across his face. He twitched rolling over in his bed trying to escape the rays of light. He ended roiling so far as o roll off his own bed hitting the ground with a thump. He groaned rubbing his forehead and sitting up. 

"Kamatori!" he called, "why does the morning have to come so early?" 

"It is almost midday Inrukka," Kamatori responded from outside Inrukka's door. 

"Are you serious?" Inrukka clamored ripping himself from the sheets and quickly throwing his clothes on. 

Inrukka emerged from his room tying his sash around his waist and fixing his hair cleaning the drool from his cheek. Kamatori sat in a chair reading yet another scroll the two had heisted from the Monk temple in the village. Around him strewn countless other scrolls and candles. Kamatori's snake like eyes darted from character to character of the writing. 

"Kamatori did you stay up all night?" Inrukka questioned him. 

"Of course not, I had a shadow clone sleep for me," the boy raised two straight fingers and they heard a light explosion sound and smoke rose from under his doorframe. Kamatori's eyes became light and rested looking. 

"Ah, ok, well I'm going to make my round," Inrukka exclaimed walking to the door cracking his neck. 

"Stay out of trouble brother," Kamatori said not raising his eyes. 

"No promises brother," Inrukka replied from outside the door. 

Kamatori continued to read the scrolls for about an hour then finally threw them down and got up walking to the door. He stepped out of his house and felt the breeze embraced him. He climbed to the roof of the building and sat on the roof watching the clouds. 

A messenger hawk flew over head and landed beside him and squawked causing Kamatori to jump. He looked at the hawk and analyzed it for a moment still coming out of his daze. The hawk squawked again and turned its back to reveal a small circular container with a scroll in it. 

Kamatori freed the note and rolled it open to read it. What the characters read made him open his eyes wide as the hawk flied off. He sat up and stuffed the note in his pocket and leapt from his roof to the bridge two stories down and dashed into the busy mountain path.

Inrukka strolled the streets casually looking from vendor to vendor viewing all their fascinating wares that might have caught his eye if he weren't looking for something in particular. He searched up and down the pathways until he finally found the vendor he wanted. 

An elderly man with a long white beard tied at about every 2 inches by twine, short in stature and posture he had squinty weary eyes with a bright smile. He greeted Inrukka with a raise of his brow and a nod of his head. 

"Afternoon young Inrukka," he declared, "how may I help you today?" 

"Hey Mr., Toshi," Inrukka replied with a smile, "You have any hats I could bum off you?" 

"For yourself and your brother?" Mr. Toshi asked turning to look in his inventory. 

"Yep, a victory prize you could say," Inrukka smiled hiding his guilty expression from the old man. 

"Isn't it a little early to be getting victory presents for your brother when the tournament hasn't even happened yet?" Mr. Toshi said looking back at him. 

"Tournament?" Inrukka looked confused. 

"Yes, the Sunset Duel Tournament the monks are hosting at the monetary a week from yesterday," Mr. Toshi explained pulling out a few hats and placed them out on the counter in front of Inrukka. "I thought you and your brother would have been the first to know and sign up to compete."