Preperation's are Necessary

(Simon POV)

After school I went home and braced myself for what was to come. I try to avoid the inevitable but as soon as I step over the threshold I'm greeted by a swarm of maids telling me that father dearest would like to have a word with me.

I walk through the long, spacious hallways to my father's office. I knock when I reach the large wooden double doors and my dad shouts, " Come in". I make my way to sit down on the chair at the opposite end of his main desk. Just as I'm about to place myself down, I hear him begin what is only the start to his disrespect.

" Don't sit." I heave a sigh but obey my father's wishes and stand.

" You disgust me-"

" Did I come here just to be insulted?" He ignores me and goes on like I wasn't even talking.

" -but I don't need the media all over me. I'm not going to be seen as homophobic. You may stay in my household, but there will be rules. If you need anything, ask a maid, don't you dare talk to me. Don't even look my way. If I walk into a room your in, you walk out. I don't even want to breathe the same air as you. As far as I'm concerned I no longer have a son. In fact I have a squatter in my home. Agreed?"

I stay quiet, in shock. " If not you can leave" he say's after a minute or two of my silence.

" N-no... I'm staying" I still stand there, a bit breathless, I feel as though someone knocked the wind out of me.    

" The rules start now. Get out."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I fall asleep, it's restless. I'm awoken by nightmares, and once I'm awake my worries take over. Unable to get some shut eye, I take walk around the mansion. I don't know where I'm going yet but I know I can't just go back to bed to lie there, starring at the ceiling. I dodge maids left and right. I'm kind of like a ninja, I think but I just can't bring myself to laugh. I finally reach my destination, the music room, my mother use to love it here, she even taught me how to play piano. On the days she couldn't help me practice I got lessons from a neighbor. I run my fingers over each key, making sure not to press down. It's a sad thought that my father made me quit lesson's after mother left. I take a seat on the stool and start pressing down keys from memory, I play with whats left in my heart. A sad smile graces my features when I realize I'm playing a certain symphony. Tears are blurring my vision but I'm determined to finish, with each key played, the song I wrote when I felt at my worst. When I felt my soul and heart being crushed in my chest........ The song I played when mother left.... and a piece inside of me died.....  ( A/N: The song he play's is on the side)

( Skip to Thursday)

" So what store are we going to in first?" I ask Annabelle with a small smile.

" Lets go in ' Spencer's'. I shop there all the time" She says skipping over to a store to our right. I follow after her. I'm a little creeped out by all the.... sex... things in the store. I hear Annabelle gasp.

" Holy Shit! It's pikachu. I need it!" She grabs the yellow hoodie and holds it to her face, petting it while she nuzzles the hood.

" Okay", I say slowly turning to the opposite side of the shop, " I don't know you." I start skimming over clothes, and whatnot. Annabelle comes over, wearing the hoodie, with 4 shirts, 3 pants, and some bracelets.

" Here. Try these on", she says handing them all to me and pushing me over to the changing rooms. The first outfit is a pair of gray jeans and a black shirt that says " Machete" in a bold red. She looks me over.  

" This ones a keeper but not for the date. Keep the jeans but put on the Starfighters shirt." I go in and come back out. We went through this in five other stores, buying me normal clothes and the stuff for my date. We finally end up in " Hot Topic". 

" Put on the black velvet vest, black and white plaid button down, and the black jeans. You want to keep a sense of casualty but not too laid back. It's a movie theater not a trailer park, now shoo" She says pushing me to the room. She acts like my personal stylist.  

I come out of the small room that's like a closet. ( A/N: How ironic)

"  That's the one!" She yells in triumph. " You look so handsome.... my little boy is growing up". She mocks brushing away fake tears, I roll my eyes. I look at myself in the mirror and I have to admit, In all honesty, I like these clothes better than my suits. I look hot.

" Come on we still need to go to foot locker" She grabs my hand and pulls me over to the cash register where I pay, then drags me to get a new pair of shoes. I get checkered vans, and white DC's for the date. We eat at the food court, then go to Annabelle car so we can go home. We can be normal sometimes, not always limo's.

I step into her light gray Porsche and she drives off toward her house. I'm sleeping over, I got all my pj's and school bag at her house already. We sing a few songs on the drive, until we finally reach her house. We watch a full marathon of " Teen wolf" on mtv because Annabelle say's I would have to be the Anti-Christ not too. I haven't seen it before so we stay up late to finish every episode, I can't wait for season two now. We decide to sleep in her living room on the coach. That's when it hits me, because I can't stay still long enough to go to sleep. I'll be going on my first date ever tomorrow.  

On cue, as if sensing somethings wrong, Annabelle interferes with my worries to put her two cents in.

" He'll love you. I mean there is nothing not to love about you. No worries, okay?" She smiles at me sleepily.

" No worries", I say giving her a just as equally tired smile before falling into the darkness called sleep.

( A/N: I know this chapters small but the next will be longer. So, I know I'm mainly writing in Simon's POV, is that okay? Tell me what your thinking, it keeps me motivated. Random Question: Which is better: Oreo cookies, Chocolate chip cookies, or neither?----- Bonus Question #2: If there is anything you would change in my story, what would it be?)