Lost Love

It's June 1840, we live in a world of egoism. My family is a noble family, and it's because of that, that my father is making my life a living hell. He says, that I am his only daughter and I have to do as he says. Two days ago he ordered me to marry a son of a noble man. I disagreed, I don't like the boy, I don't know him. How can someone get married with a stranger? These days you have to respect your parents, otherwise you get punished- I had to nod my head to whatever he says. Life is unfair, I have to end this. 

Last night, I was alone in my room staring at the wall crying and thinking. Thoughts ran through my mind like a deer in a forest. The only conclusion to this situation was to get rid of the boy my father wants me to marry. 
The angel on my right shoulder tapped me to calm me down! I stopped and thought for a minute. '' It's not fair ending the life of an innocent boy '' I whispered to my self '' Alexander might feel the same way about me,and have the same thoughts.''
I dressed an evening dress, the white dress I adored the most. It was the prettiest dress I had in my wardrobe - I wanted to wear white, for my last breath. I wanted to die wearing white, when I go to the other side.

I walked downstairs and grabbed a knife from the cupboard, left a note to my mother and rushed out. I ran to the woods, the place where I can die and not be disturbed'.
I sat on the grass laying my back to the tree. I was trembling with cold and fear, my head hurts a lot with all the tears I lost. I pulled out the knife and placed my hand in front of me, I was ready to suicide - I am fed up with my father's orders that consist  the better of our family. He always forget I have feelings too, and I have rights to decide but he decides to ignore that. I placed the knife on my wrist and prepared to cut , until I bleed to death. While I was focused on my decision someone walked near me, how is it possible someone being out here at this time in the woods? 

He walked closer to me and stared at me, placing his hand on my hand to stop me from what I was doing, he said '' whatever the reason is there's a solution.'' I cried even harder hearing this man saying those words, he don't know what my life is like, he don't know my father! My father makes you want to suicide every single day you look at him. The man talked with me for some time, all he said was true and made sense. After some minutes I handled him the knife and fell on my knees'. I cried and thanked him for helping me realize suicide wasn't the solution.
I got up,looked down and asked him politely '' what's your name sir?'' I was waiting for his answer still with my head looking down but he never replied. I looked up and he was gone, vanished. I haven't got the chance to ask him his name or to invite him out sometime. 

I was walking slowly to go back home when I remembered about the letter I left on the table for my mother. I panicked, picked up my dress from the floor and ran as fast as I could. Hopefully she haven't saw it,yet. I opened the door and walked in, my mother was sitting on the dining chair with the note in her hands, crying.When she saw me her eyes shined,like she saw an angel. Her hug was warm and felt good', after a bad night it's good to be back home in your mother's arms. I looked at her, she wiped my tears and begged me to never think about something like that again'. The most I was scared of was when my father knows what happened'! I asked my mother to keep it a secret, I was lucky she never kept a secret from him but she made an exception this time. 

My mother made me a cup of tea and came in my room with me, she layed on my bed and cuddled for some time. I was feeling safe and happy I have her in my life. I explained to her why I was going to make a suicide, and asked her to reject my father's decision. I already know her answer, he's the man in the house and since we're a noble family I have to marry a noble boy, the one my father orders. My mother decided to tell me a story she kept for her self for a long time. 

'' Elsie honey, we all have our hard times. When I was your age, my father wanted me to marry your father', I rejected, the same exact way you reacted. I didn't love your father, but by time I fell in love with him and now we're happy with a beautiful daughter.'' 

My mothers words made me think for some time, I may fall in love with Alexander in the future but I will never be happy. I want to choose who to spend the rest of my life with , not my father!'. Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around, and I'd like that to be me,I'd like to choose the one to turn my world around.

I wanted to explain to my mother what happened in the woods, but I was scared to tell her. She got out of my bed and walked out my room,  that's when I called her to tell her what happened. 

My mother's reaction was terrible, I didn't know she was going to react like that. She started to freak out and begged me to never go in those woods ever again'! 
My mother's reaction left me curious for the rest of the night. Who is that man? Why is my mother freaked out about him?