*+Chapter 7+*

Cookie: Sooooo, here's chap 7, it's short but it's a continuation of chap 6. After this chapter I'm going to take a break from this story for a couple of days, let it get more reads, etc. Meanwhile I'll work on my other stories ^_^

Songlink is "All Or Nothing" by O-Town (fabulous song)

Pic is Cedric!!!----->

Since you've all been good, I'll no longer hold this chapter hostage... :D READ/VOTE/COMMENT/HUMP!!

-------

"I've had the rest of you now I want the best of you, I don't care if that's not fair. Cause I want it all or nothing at all, there's nowhere left to fall when you've reached the bottom. It's now or never."- OTown

*+Cedric's POV+*

Kai slammed the door close and pushed me against it, his face flushed with guilt.

       "Listen," he started, "it's not what you think. Whatever it is you think you saw, you didn't see it."

       I didn't comment on that. Instead I remained silent, waiting for him to continue on. He looked cute like this, with his face pink and flustered. It's not a look that I often see on him. I suppose he thought that I'm upset at what I just witnessed going on between him and my brother and he would be right on that assumption.

       I am upset. Very.

       In fact, I was tempted to turn right around and punch my beloved older brother right between the eyes but I kept the temptation at bay. If I acted on such an impulse now, who knows how Kai would react. So for now I'll abide my time and hear Kai's excuses. This should prove entertaining.

       "H-he just showed up," he was saying, "I didn't call him. Then he kissed me and...and then you came...it was just all bad timing..."

       I watched his expression, amused at his hand gestures and stammering. I knew I was making him uncomfortable with my silence but I felt like if I said something now, he'd stop. I wanted him to keep talking, to keep trying to explain himself because maybe, just maybe he'd realize why he was so desperate to make things clear with me.

       That he'd realize he' s in love with me.

       "But it's not like you should have the right to be upset," Kai went on and crossed his arms. "It's not like we're actually a couple. This was all just an arrangement that suited us both." He paused before continuing with, "you're my replacement for John...and you just want my body."

       Ah...so he still though that. Funny, I'm pretty sure that I mentioned to him that the only reason why I suggested a physical relationship with him was because it seemed to be the only way I could get his attention. Somehow he must have forgotten that or possibly just purposely forgotten it. Kai seemed to be rather good at doing that.

       "Well?" He snapped impatiently, "aren't you going to say something?"

       I studied him for a few seconds longer, wanting to choose my words carefully. "What do you want me to say?"

       He stared at me. "I...well I want you to say that you understand what I'm saying."

       "And what are you saying?"

       He opened his mouth and shut it again. Kai uncrossed his arms and began to pace. "I don't know...I don't know what I'm saying anymore. This..." he waved to me, "this was all a mistake. It shouldn't have happened."