✧ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐎𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

"Everyone tells lies to protect something, or to hide something. And, we have to take responsibility for the consequences of our lies. Sometimes, there's even greater truth within our lies that we couldn't realize."

Chapter 4

The war between Rhéa and Kairos raged on for a few days neither one conceding defeat. As she would take a stab at him, he would stab back twice as hard. He had bought out some of her company shares and now owned at least 10 percent of her company shares.

She did not think he would take a jibe at her company. He was more troublesome than she thought. It made her hatred for the man grew more. It was her company. Not anyone else's. HERS. She knew how he did it and she was going to pay him a visit to his company.

When she showed up to Zelenik Industries, she told the receptionist that she was there to see Kairos, but the receptionist was too busy explaining the policies. If one wants to meet the boss, they had to set an appointment or had to have clearance to be on the top floor, permission granted by the boss himself of course. Rhéa clearly had no time to listen to the girl yapping away about policies. She didn't work there and she frankly didn't give a shit.

"I'm Rhéa Zephyr. Tell that man, Mr. Zelenik I'm here to see him or so help me..." she smiled sinisterly.

"I-I know who you are and I'm very sorry Miss Zephyr, but I can't do that." Said the girl looking scared that Rhéa might do something to her, but she was more scared of Kairos. This was a job she did not intend to lose.

Rhéa didn't have time to listen to the nonsense and as she was about to walk straight up to his office when she was stopped by security. "Miss, do you have any clearance to go up there?"

"No. I'm here to see your boss who calls himself a man," she said seething with anger.

"I'm sorry but if you don't have any clearance or an appointment, you cannot enter," said the man sternly, trying to prevent her from moving forward.

"I CARE NOT!" she began to seethe with rage.

She glared at the receptionist, "You! Tell that devil that I'm here to see him and if he doesn't let me through, I'll burn his company to the ground or worse!" It wasn't a bluff. Rhéa was dead serious. She was always crazy but that side of her was buried deep inside and the only one who's ever awakened that side of her until now was Kairos.

She turned to the poor security and gave him a clear warning, "And if you try to touch me again, you won't be needing those hand of yours". The large man shivered in fear at the tiny woman.

Kairos was in his office when his secretary, Angelina, called him and told him that there was a commotion down on the lower floor. He already knew what was going on. He was watching the show from his flat screen in his office at what was going on in the lobby. He was expecting her at some point but he wasn't expecting her to show up at his company so soon.

"It's fine. Send her up," he said then hung up the phone.

A few moments later, there was a knock on his door. Knowing it would be his secretary, he told her to come in.

"Sir, Miss Zephyr is here". She moved out the way and there stood an angry and ferocious Rhéa.

He dismissed Angelina and as soon as she closed the door, Rhéa threw her purse on the chair and quickly strode over to where he was, slamming her hands on his desk.

"I would have let things go if you had only screwed up my other business plans, but you bought shares to my company? How dare you!" She fumed.

"That was one line I did not think you would cross, Zelenik" she continued.