✧ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬

A picture of whom I envisioned Rhéa to be 

"Although our lives are especially monotonous, there are moments that sparkle brightly. Whenever that happens, don't let it get away but save it in your star pocket. That way, when things get tough or difficult, you can take a star out and find the power to get through it."

Chapter 1

Rhéa Zephyr is a very vigilant, smart, and a calculating billionaire businesswoman. She knows how to get what she wants; even if the means are quite unorthodox at times. She's known for being a vindictive businesswoman and has been labeled as the 'War Goddess ', but not everyone knows who the real Rhéa Zephyr is. Always working hard to achieve her goals without the aid of another, she has fulfilled a few of those goals, one being the CEO of her own company— ZPHR Co. (Zephyr Corporations ).

Still, of all the things she's attained and acquired up the present time in her life, were all to assist her in achieving a much bigger goal. Her background was unknown and she's tried her damn hardest to keep that part hidden away from the world. The world only knew about her what she wanted them to know.

She once remembered an old saying her mother used to say, " Accept the things you cannot change. Have the courage to change the things you can... and have the wisdom to know the difference ". At the time, she was too young to understand. But, as the years went by, she grew to understand the meaning of the words and live by them.

Kairos Zelenik, a second-generation billionaire, who is the CEO of ZELE-TECH (Zelenik Technologies), has now witnessed that the rumors were only half true about the infamous Rhéa. That was not all that there is to her. She wasn't t as cold and bitchy as everyone perceived her to be. There was more to her. At least, that's what he thought.

He knew she was by no means a fool, especially in their world of business. Kairos always heard about Rhéa and her company, and people thought they were rivals, but he never considered her his competition. He thought she was just a troublesome and an inexperienced woman who knew nothing about running a company. He was a fool to have underestimated her, a mistake he will not let happen again.

He once came across her accomplishments due to the news. It was because of this that he did extensive research on her and her company. Meeting her formally twice at gala events, he saw potential and an opportunity. He then devised a plan to work together with her. It would be a win-win deal. The only problem was getting her to agree, having seen her prideful personality and all. How hard could that be? He knew what her reaction would be but he did not care. His plan was already set in motion, and only wanted one answer from her.

Sitting across the conference table from Rhéa, Kairos ignored her. It was a conference meeting with five of the most powerful billionaires in the world. Well, it was more like two of the most powerful billionaires in the world, being Rhéa herself, and Kairos .

Rhéa, who was the only woman is this powerful group of brutes, decided to speak her mind. The faster we get this over with, the faster we can all leave, she thought.

"Since it was Mr. Zelenik's who proposed the idea on this collaboration project, I know that there will be profits made from this for all of us, otherwise this would be meaningless. This charity gala will be sponsored and hosted by all of us, well mostly by Mr. Zelenik and myself, so we should decide when and where it will be held as well as adjudge who will be on the guest list."

One of the men around the table was not pleased with her brush attitude and decided to speak his mind.

"Why don't you figure all of that out? Isn't that what you women do? It seems like the perfect job for the likes of someone such as yourself, no?" said the same man, smirking. "We are all busy businessmen here and even though you are a business woman , you are just a woman nonetheless, no?" All the men, except Kairos, were laughing.