Chapter Nine

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*The Next Day – Aisling’s POV*

I wiped the sweat from my brow as I worked with Trey and my father in the field. It might be only 66 degrees here and November, but when you’re working out in the sun it gets mighty hot.

My phone rang from my back pocket and I set down the hammer I was using. I whipped it out and pressed it to my ear.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Aisling, it’s Lance,” the annoying voice replied.

I rolled my eyes. “What is it?”

“Don’t give me attitude. You’re in deep shit.”

“What? Why?”

“We happened to meet a couple of girls yesterday who knew you very well,” he said.

“Oh really? And who would they be?” I questioned, an amused smile on my face.

“Does shopping ring a bell?”

I thought back to the day when I went shopping and it instantly came back to my mind.

“Oh! You met those girls? What a shame!” I laughed.

“It’s not funny, Aisling,” he practically growled. “They had a video of you insulting them and you’re lucky it hasn’t gotten out.”

“Insulting THEM?” I burst out laughing. My brother and father looked over at me curiously. I just waved my hand at them, dismissing them and telling them to get back to work. “I can assure you that I wasn’t insulting them. In fact, they were the ones insulting me.”

“The video was clearly showing you insulting them. I’m not stupid.”

“Yeah, neither is Hunter. Did you talk to him about it? He knows I would never do something like that unless provoked.”

“Oh, I sure talked to him. And he wasn’t happy about it either,” he told me.

I froze. “What? Why was he mad? He should know I would never do that! He knows me!” I exclaimed, shocked.

“I think it’s best that you just distance yourself from Hunter for a little while. He doesn’t need this bad publicity for his career. You’re only ruining his chances at success.”

My mouth went dry. Was he serious?

“I didn’t do anything to ruin his career!” I denied.