Chapter Four

A picture of Hunter and Aisling by the fire ------>

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Hunter's POV*

It was around seven o'clock in the morning when I snuck into Aisling's room. She was curled up on her bed on her side, a small smile gracing her gorgeous face.

I slowly pulled the covers up and crawled underneath them, wrapping my arms around her waist. She instantly woke up.

"Morning sweetheart," I grinned. "Ready for our day together?"

"Already? God, how early is it?" she asked.

"Just after seven. I figured I'd come over and get you up right away so we can spend more time together. I want the most time I can get every day with you before I leave."

"Alright," she said, getting up and shuffling around the room. "What are we doing today?"

"You'll see. Get ready. I'll be waiting downstairs with some breakfast to go and then we are off."

I left the room to let her get ready. Her mother handed me a Tupperware container filled with leftovers from yesterday's breakfast once I got down the stairs.

"Keep her safe today. I know you're going to have fun, but it's also dangerous," she said.

"You know I'll keep her safe Mrs. Sharpe. I would never do anything that would possibly hurt her," I reassured her.

"I know you wouldn't. That's why you're so perfect for my daughter.”

She kissed me on the cheek and left me there in the living room waiting for Aisling, whom appeared just seconds later.

"All set?" I questioned.

"Yep! Lets go."

We got into the car and buckled up. My hand was in hers as she ate and I drove.

"So, are you going to tell me where we are going?" she asked me.

"Nope!" I answered, popping the p.

"You know, this brings me back to our first date. You did the exact same thing."

"And it's going to be the same thing every time. Now, sit back and be quiet."

Her jaw dropped and I laughed, lifting her hand to my mouth and kissing it.

"I love you Ais, but sometimes you need to just let things flow. It's a surprise. You're not meant to know where we are going."

She huffed and pulled her hand from my grasp, crossing her arms over her chest. I just chuckled and continued to drive.

*Aisling’s POV*

The ride seemed to be taking forever. It was nearly an hour drive before we pulled into a parking lot. I looked around, trying to find any hint as to where we were. But there was nothing. I could hear Hunter chuckling beside me, knowing that I was frustrated.

I got out of the car by myself and started walking towards the building without him. If he was going to act like this, he could walk by himself!

When I entered the building, I caught sight of a small group in the back. They turned to see who had come in and to my surprise, it was all of the guys! They all smiled and waved.

“Hunter, what’s going on?” I asked. “Where are we? What’re we doing?”

“We’re going go cart racing baby,” he smirked.

My eyes lit up. “Awesome! What are we waiting for? Let’s go!” I exclaimed, grabbing his arm and pulling him along.

Soon enough we were suited up and sitting in our own go carts. I turned to face Hunter and glared. I put my fingers to my eyes and turned them to him. He just chuckled.

“It’s on, boy!” I challenged and revved my engine.

“Yeah, good luck with that,” he smirked.

The moment the person with the flag signaled us to go, I was gone, past everyone. I raced around the track with as much control as possible and I was in first place until I hit the wall and spun around a bit. Dizzy from the spin, I tried to get myself back on track. However, Hunter bumped into me and pushed me into the wall yet again.

“NOT FAIR!” I screamed. “YOU’RE A CHEATER!”

I turned my car around and sped down the track. On the turn I passed him because just like me before, he had spun out.

“HA, TAKE THAT!” I taunted.

I don’t know how many laps later, but I was the winner and Hunter was in last place. Getting out of my go cart, I approached Hunter.

“That’s what you get for being so cocky,” I teased, taking off my helmet and shaking my hair around.

“I’ll give you cocky,” he winked.

“Hunter!” I gasped and hit him in the arm. He laughed and wrapped his arms around me, giving me a hug. I tried to push him away but before I knew what was going on, I was being squished by the guys as well.

When they pulled away, I had a big smile on my face and tears streaming down my cheeks.

“Ais, what’s wrong sweetheart?” Sam questioned, noticing first.

“This is what I’m going to miss most about tour. You guys are my other family,” I cried.

Hunter kissed the top of my head and stroked my hair.

“We’ll make it through this,” he breathed into my ear as he held me tight.

When we were finished playing around for the day, I invited the guys over for dinner. Calling my mama up, she informed me that she had cooked plenty. I was surprised to see cars lining or driveway and the streets when we got home.

“What’s going on?” Hunter wondered.

“I have no idea,” I laughed. “This is just as much of a surprise to you as it is to me.”

Approaching the house, we saw that practically everybody from town was hanging out in the yard. There was a fire burning nearby with people sitting down and laughing. We searched for my mama who was in the kitchen setting out platters of food.

“Mama, what’s going on?” I asked.

“It’s a goodbye party for Hunter,” she smiled. “His mother and I planned it last minute.”

“Aww, Mrs. Sharpe, you guys are really too sweet!” Hunter exclaimed, giving her a hug.

“Now you two go on and have fun,” she shooed us.

We grabbed some food and headed outside to the fire. We took some of the open chairs and ate our food, talking about the good times we’ve had on tour. When we were finished, Hunter pulled his seat up right next to mine. He wrapped his arm around me and I placed my head on his shoulder.

Before I knew it, he was going to be gone. Only one more day until I have to say goodbye. Could I do it? Could I say goodbye again?

~COPYRIGHT 2013~