Chapter One

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Aisling's POV*

"Well Mr. Hayes, these X rays look remarkable," the doctor spoke to Hunter. "I think it's time we get that cast off of your leg."

Hunter looked at me and gave me a smile. I squeezed his hand and grinned back.

"I'll be right back to get this heavy thing off of you," the doctor said, leaving the room.

"Ais, did you hear that? No more waddling on stage! I can finally jump around and enjoy myself! And you'll get a break from pushing me around!" he cheered.

"That's great baby," I replied. "I'm going to be happy to see you out of that thing. I'm sure your Mama will also."

That was when the doctor decided to show his face again. He was carrying a saw looking instrument. He instructed Hunter to sit as still as possible while he removed it and before we knew it, Hunter was cleaned up and walking out of the office on two legs.

"No offense Hunt, but you're waddling like a penguin," Devo laughed when we got back to the tour bus.

"Hey, man, shut up. I'm just learning how to walk on two legs again after months without one of them," Hunter retorted. "I have an excuse."

"Yeah, give him a break Dev," Matt spoke up.

"I have to admit, it's pretty funny," Sam chuckled.

Hunter glared and everyone went silent. "Are you all done making fun of me now? Can we get to work?"

"What work?" Steve laughed.

"Practicing for the next show. I want to jump around and play a little. You know me guys, work, work, work," he said.

"Too much work," I commented, kissing him on the cheek.

"No such thing as too much work, especially when touring," a voice said from behind us all.

We all turned around to face Hunter's tour manager. He gave us a smile and told us to sit down. We took seats on the couch and at the kitchen table to listen to what he had to say.

"I came once the doctor called me with the good news," he said. "Now that that bulky cast is gone, we can get down to business. More shows equals more fans which means more merch being sold which equals more money."

"Money doesn't matter to me, Lance. All that matters is performing for the fans every night," Hunter replied.

"Well if you want to keep performing for the fans, you're going to need money. So money DOES matter," he came back with.

"Are you always this cranky?" I asked.

He glared. "Why does it matter to you if I'm cranky? It's not like you're going to have to deal with me anymore. Now that Hunter is better, you can go back home."

My heart stopped. I had to go home? I looked over at Hunter and he was facing me with a sad expression.

"What if I don't want her to go home?" Hunter questioned.

"I hate to say it, but she needs to. This bus is already full enough with all of these guys and now that you're better, you can take care of yourself," he explained. "Plus, she's too much of a distraction. Ever since she joined you on the road, your shows aren't up to their full potential. I know you could've done much better, even if you were in a cast."

I blushed and looked down at the ground. Was I really that much of a distraction?

"Whoa, don't be insulting Aisling. She has nothing to do with how I perform," Hunter defended me.

"She does, regardless of what you think. And whether you like it or not, she's not coming on the rest of the tour with us. We're heading to Breaux Bridge tomorrow, where you'll get a couple of days to spend with your family and your girlfriend before we hit the road hardcore. And don't think you won't be working while you're home, because you will. We are going to rehearse every day. Lord knows we need it."

Everyone was silent, looking at me and Hunter. Although I was really upset and felt a bit insulted, I didn't let my emotions show. I had to stay strong for both me and Hunter. I knew this would happen eventually. It's not like I'm going to be with him all the time.

"Whatever is best for Hunter," I finally voiced my opinion.

"Good, you finally have some sense in you," Lance mumbled. "Well, I'll see you back in a couple of days, guys. Enjoy your time with him while you can, Aisling."

I watched him as he exited the tour bus.

"Asshole," I grumbled under my breath, getting up and walking to the back.

I lay down on the bed on my side and faced the wall, wrapping Hunter's "Wrap You Up" throw blanket around me. A few minutes later, I felt the bed dip and then an arm wrapped around me; Hunter's arm. He snuggled close to me and kissed the back of my head.

"I'm really sorry, Ais. I was hoping you could stay with me," he whispered in my ear.

"I knew this was going to happen eventually. I just wasn't expecting it to be this soon," I responded, turning around so I was facing him.

I brushed my thumb over his cheek and placed a small kiss on his lips before placing my head on his chest.

"We'll make it work, baby. We have phones, we have Skype, we have email. Technology these days is so great it'll seem like we weren't apart for more than one second," he said. "And when we get back home, I know the perfect thing to spend our time doing."

"It better not involve a bed, you closet freak," I giggled.

"Well, a little bit of that too, but no, I wasn't thinking about that. Trust me; we're going to make the best of our last few days together."

"You make it sound like you're never coming back."

"Of course I'm coming back. I could never live without you."

I rolled my eyes at him. "You're so dramatic, Hunter."

"I'm not dramatic. I'm being serious. I love you Aisling and I can't imagine living without you."

~COPYRIGHT 2013~