Prologue

"Don't," I begged sternly, even though there was a giant grin on my face. All Blake did was grin back but with more evil. Blake stood before me with one hand holding his phone and another covered in shaving cream.

Just minutes ago I was sitting on the couch scrolling through Vine and Twitter when I heard Blake trying to be quiet behind me. And let me tell you, that kid couldn't be quiet if his life depended on it. He was just naturally loud. So it was only normal when I heard him behind me. I had looked at him over my shoulder and then went back to my phone. Then, I realized what I just saw and jumped from the couch just in time to see his hand swing through the air and get nothing.

I cursed the boy under my breath. Blake was always using me as a prop for his vines. Although sometimes I had fun helping, I hated when he would do it without telling me first. He was always trying to do these things. I laughed at his fail and he scowled at me, a look of determination took over his face. Now he was just determined to slap me with his cream covered hand, period. Not even for the vine.

And that's how I got here. Standing across from Blake with only a half eaten banana in my hand as he looked at me with a smirk on his face. I was screwed. I squeaked and squeezed my eyes shut as his hand came towards me. A loud slap sound rang through the air, but it wasn't my face he had smack cammed. I opened my eyes and my mouth made an 'o' shape as I saw my older brother, Jake, standing next to us with shaving cream all over his face. I started to crack up laughing at my brothers frustrated but 'I'm used to it' face. I cracked up even more when I saw Blake had gotten it on his Vine video.

"You and your damn vines, Blake," Jake cursed and walked off. We chuckled and sat down on the couch. I turned the TV on and began watching 'Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory'. It was one of my favorite shows.

"Tomorrow I won't be able to take you home from school. My mom needs me to leave early to go and help her with a few things," Blake said looking at me with apologetic eyes.

I groaned, that meant I had to walk the excruciating 20 blocks home from school in the cold snow. Jake needed to hurry up and fix his car already. I don't know why he tries with that dumb old truck he calls 'Sandra'. She's a piece of junk.

"Okay, what's your mom need help with?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"She's going to my aunts in LA for a while and she wanted me to drive her to the airport since my dad can't take her," He scowled. I knew what he was thinking. He didn't like his dad. His father, James, was a workaholic and didn't take a minute off for anyone. Yeah, it gets them good money and a nice house. But I knew Blake would rather have his dad than all that.

I grabbed his hand and rubbed my thumb over it soothingly.

"When is she getting back?" I asked. Blake would practically be in the house by himself. Though I knew he knew he was welcome to stay here. I knew my dad wouldn't mind.

"In about two weeks," He said, still frowning.

"Make sure to tell her I said goodbye and to have a nice trip," I said smiling. Blake's mom, Angie, was like a mother to me. She had been there since I was little. Hell, she practically is my mom. My mom bolted after having me leaving my dad a single dad. Jake had a different mom who he went and saw whenever he felt like. I envied that. But I was glad I had Angie, I loved her. I was sad I wouldn't be able to see her off.

Blake smiled a toothy smile and nodded, "I'm going to go, it's getting late and I want to spend the rest of the day with my mom," he said standing up. I stood up nodding and followed him to the door.

I hugged him tightly, wishing he could stay a bit longer to make his famous Alfredo for me. He kissed my forehead before walking out the door.

"Be careful, drive safe, love you!" I screamed as he started to pull out.

"Love you too!" He screamed back making me giggle and close the door.

I don't know what I would do without that boy. I had know him since I was in diapers and we were practically attached at the hip. I knew every small little thing about him. Like how he scratched his ear when he was nervous or hated chewing his nails but did it anyway. How he prefers boxers over briefs and how he tells people his favorite color is red when it's really pink. I smile at the last one. It was good to know that even boys liked and got embarrassed about things like that.

I sighed tomorrow was Wednesday and I wasn't looking forward to school. I hated school with a passion but I made sure to keep my grades up. I wanted to go to college and have a good life. Plus I would need the good job for good money considering how much I loved to shop.

I went to the kitchen and began to make dinner. While I was, my father came home, kissed me on the forehead and sat down at the table with a cup of tea.

"Angie is going to LA tomorrow for two weeks to visit her sister, do you think it'd be okay if Blake stayed here in the guest room?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Of course he can!" My dad said a smile on his face. I smiled back thanking him and serving dinner. I sent Blake a quick text.

'To; Blake

Just wanted to let you know, you can stay here if you need to. x'

When I was done cooking we all sat down and ate dinner. We talked about anything, it was like every other night. When I was done I put my plate in the sink and headed up stairs. I got dressed for bed and slithered in to my covers.

Soon I fell into a dreamless sleep.

I groaned in annoyance when my alarm went off. But got up none the less. I took a quick shower and got ready bounding down the stairs. I was surprised when I saw Blake hadn't texted me back.

When I got downstairs Jake and my dad were sitting in front of the TV, complete shock on their faces. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What's going on?" I asked looking at the TV to see they were watching the news.

"Isabel-" but my father was cut off by the reporter.

"Today, 18 year old Blake Stevens was in a car wreck last evening on his way home. He was answering a text message when he swerved into the wrong lane and hit a semi head on," The reporter started. My eyes immediately filled with tears and my hand slowly covered my mouth. I felt my dad pull me into his arms as I continued to watch the scene before me unfold.

The reporter continued, "He was rushed to the ER in critical condition. Sadly, there wasn't much the doctors could do. Blake Stevens was announced dead at 10:56 pm on November 19, 2013," The reporter continued, "Blake was well known around our small town and will be missed dearly," she finished.

A sob broke through my chest as the TV was shut off and I was brought into my brother and fathers arms. I couldn't breath, my world was crashing down on my so quickly I couldn't breath. I refused to believe this was real.

This couldn't be happening.

----------------------------------------------

So this is the new story I decided to post. cx It's a fan fiction about Harry Styles and I hope you guys like it! I know it's not the story I said I was going to post but I am working on that one and will be posting it eventually. & if you haven't read my last book, please do! It's called 'My Unexpected Mate', it's in my works!(:

So please let me know if I should keep this story going!

Follow, comment and vote please!(:

Alicia x