Where are we now? (Epilogue)

Everything was perfect until that unfaithful day. Or was it?  What the hell is wrong with me? Why was I  so blind? 

"I'm so sorry but with all the fans there was a lot of temptation."

"It was nothing."

"It was a one time thing."

But how do I know that for sure?

Well.......I guess I'll never know.

Ten Years Later

"Damn my feet are killing me," Biz groaned as she waddled behind me.

" Just help me make the potato salad and then you can sit down,jeez stop complaining," I argued.

"Fine," she groaned as she grabbed a spoon and dug into the mayo. 

"Hey,Hey,Hey," Ash said as she entered the kitchen. 

"What's up?" Ray said greeting Biz and I. Little Ranika ran from behind them to hug me, such a cutie, a splitting image of her parents.

" You could go play in the back yard with the other kids," I told her gesturing to Prince and Biz' five year old and my fiancée's 7 year old neice, after spoiling her with a cookie. She ran off.

" We invited Roc......."  Ash said suddenly I looked up.

"And what does that have to do with me?" I asked coldly.

Why did they invite him? Dammit this is my house but I don't wanna seem rude and kick him out.

There was awkward silence.

"Heyy," Prince said entering the kitchen breaking the  silence, "How are my babies doing?" he asked in a baby voice towards Biz and he kissed her stomach.

"Wait? Babies as in plural, yah'll having twins?," Ray said high fiving Prince.

"Well not twins...." he replied grinning, " Triplets."

"Aww...man I wish I got triplets," Ray smiled.

Ash glared at him, "that's easy for you to say you aint gotta push em out," she said rolling her eyes. I laughed at her reaction.

Soon after Prod's head popped around the  corner with Yaz and her wife on his tail. "What's up, what's up?" he said joining us,

He took a sudden step back, looking at Biz.

"Woah Prince you were not lying, she is HUGE," he said with his eyebrows raised. Prince jotted up gesturing his hand across his neck frantically and gritting his teeth.

Yaz' wife, CJ, shook her head in disbelief." Why are guys so stupid?" she remarked. Yaz laughed.

"I knew it ! I'm fat," Biz cried suddenly streams of tears rolling down her eyes.

" No you are not," Prince said pacifying her while glaring nastily at Prod. 

"What did I say?" Prod asked confused.

"Let's head outside," I suggested as I grabbed the bowl of potato salad. "Prod and Ray yah'll would man the grill while Prince deals with Biz."

They nodded in agreement and headed over to the grill.

The doorbell rang and I walked over to get it, Who would ring the doorbell? The door is always open.

I opened the door and there stood Roc, the glare from the sun htting him perfectly. Dammit why is he still sexy?

"Hey," he said awkwardly.

"Hey," I smiled back, just as awkward.

"I didn't want to come empty handed so I brought dessert," he said handing me a parcel. I took it  and put the bag on my wrist.

Roc reached out his hands to hug me. I hugged him back. Ugh ! He still smells good as fuck.

*Ehem* I heard from behind Roc. I looked up to see my fiance Nick standing behind Roc.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything," Nick said as Roc and I broke away from our embrace. I laughed awkwardly.

I caught Roc and Nick  looking at me then looking back at each other..

"Oh sorry, am Nick this is Roc and old friend of mine and Roc this is Nick my fiancee," I said introducing the two. They shook hands and exchanged greetings.

"Fiancee....wow..." Roc responded looking at me surprised. I chuckled awkwardly.

" Anyways everyone is in the back," I said gesturing to the french doors out to the back yard.

The barbecue started out awkward at first but then everyone got comfortable. Throughout the day I could feel Roc's eyes on me. I had to take a break so I decided to go grab the desserts.

"I'll help," Roc offered clearly he wasn't letting me out his sight. Dammit. We both walked into the kitchen.

"Fiancee huh?" he said as soon as we were out of ear-shot. I nodded.

"He treating you right?" he asked looking down at the floor. I nodded once more.

Roc's voice still sent vibrations down my spine, after all these years. The way he spoke enunciating every word. Ugh ! Why couldn't he have gotta fat with a beer belly or some shit.

"Listen girl stop it ! You getting married tomorrow !! What you doing?" I pep talked myself in my mind.

"So when is the wedding?" he continued.

"Tomorrow," I responded.

His eyebrows shot up, 'wow' we mouthed, clearly speechless.

I smiled.

" Do you still got feelings for me?" he asked abruptly.

I opened my mouth to respond but nothing came out.  Do I still have feeling for Roc? No No No I can't ! I AM getting MARRIED tomorrow !!

Roc stared down at me and suddenly kissed me, No,No,No,No,No. I jumped back. " You kissed back, so I'll take that as a yes," he said satisfied with himself as he walked out the kitchen holding the dessert he brought.

I stood there for a while in shock but soon recollected myself to head back outside, The guilt killed me.

For the rest of the evening I could not stop thinking about that kiss, all through the night I kept thinking of it. What if I really do have feelings for Roc?"

I called the girls and asked their opinion. They assured me that I was being silly that it was probably nothing. I went to sleep dreaming of tomorrow, which would be the best day of my life; my wedding day.

The next day I walked down the isle beaming in my beautiful white dress. I felt like a queen as my proud father gave me away. Nick and I were saying our vows when suddenly we heard, " STOP THE WEDDING," 

We all turned to see who had said such words and there stood no other than ..................ROC

Check out my new story

'What are you waiting for? (A Jacob Latimore Story)' and ' G r a f f i t i (A Princeton Story)'

Requests are welcomed.

 Thank You.