Chapter Eleven - The Flight

Amy’s POV

Today was the day. The day I left it all behind and moved back into my old life. My home... where I belong. Even if my fate was telling me to stay here. Stay put and disobey my mom. But, I couldn’t....

My mum had cared enough to get me a plane ticket when I reached out to her in my time of need. I can’t be mad at her. She cared so much... she knew what was best for me. And right now, that was home.

I know everything between Liam and I were okay, but I needed a little bit of time away from Liam before I dated him... because once I dated him, I would never want to leave him. And I can’t ditch home yet. My parents still need me. I still have to go to college before I began my life and fully grew up... and got involved in a serious relationship.

I sighed and handed the attendant my ticket and began the long process of the security check.

I was kind of excited to get to go home. I missed my friends and family there. I missed my room and my worn-in bed. I missed my car and my full closet. There were a lot of things only London could give me... but there were many more in Manchester. The only thing that London had but Manchester didn’t was Liam.

It’s still hard to believe I didn’t tell him. I wanted to... but I knew he would beg me to stay and then when I couldn’t stay, he would tell me the sentence I was avoiding this entire time. The main reason I was scared to tell him. Because if he told me those seven words... I would have to disobey my mom and stay here. If Liam looked me in the eyes and said: “If you loved me, you’d stay here.” Then I would have ditched the flight and spent the rest of my days here. But he hadn’t... because he had no need to... so here I was, outing myself on a plane... and going home.

*                                  *                                              *                                  *                                 

“Flight 10519! Last call!” The speaker above my head boomed. I grabbed my carry-on bag and slowly walked over to the door.

Somewhere inside of me was tugging on my heart to stay. To just blow it all off. But I couldn’t...

I was sort of hoping Eleanor might have told Liam. Then maybe he would have shown up here and stopped me but she didn’t.

And with only one glance behind me... I hopped on my flight and began my journey home.

Liam’s POV 

Today was the day. I know I had planned on waiting, and fulfilling my plans, but I couldn’t wait any longer.

Amy was everything to me. I wanted to kiss her goodnight and wake her up in the morning. I wanted to be able to shout out to the world that we were in love and that she was my girlfriend.

I quickly rinsed off in the shower and put on my favorite outfit. Grey jeans and a purple flannel. I wore the cologne she liked and wore the shoes she liked. I wanted her to be impressed.

I grabbed the roses off the counter and ran out to my car, preparing myself for the most amazing day of my life.

I was overly excited. I knew she would say yes. She loved me after all. She told me. That’s what started all of this, a simple I love you. But it wasn’t so simple after all. It was the beginning of a whole new life. I had a whole new life ahead of me. A life with Amy. And we weren’t going to just be friends. We were going to finally be together... after all these years.

I was so thankful that Eleanor introduced us way back in the X-factor days. I remember when I first saw her. Her blonde locks were braided down her back and she had a beautiful green dress on. She smiled at me that very first day and I was instantly putty in her hands. All she had done was smile! You can only imagine how I felt when I had first kissed her... the courage that that took...

When I pulled up to her house, I noticed that the car wasn’t there. But I still got out and walked up to her door...just in case.

I took in a deep breath and knocked several times. I wanted a good five minutes before walking back to my car. Where could she be?

I pulled out my cell phone and dialed her number. It rang once and then went straight to her voicemail. “Hi! You’ve reached Amy. I must be busy or something.”

I smiled as her voice rang out in my head. A long beep blared and I thought on my feet. “Hey, Amy. Uhm... I got your letter and I was wondering where you are at. I really want to see you.” I sighed a deep, long sigh. “I miss you, beautiful...already. Call me back so we can catch a film or something. I love you...”

I ended that call and began another. “Hello?” Lou’s questionably high-pitched voice rang through my ears.

“Hey, uhh... are you with El?”

He laughed and handed her the phone. “Hi.”

“Hi. Uhh, do you know where Amy is?” I quickly blurted into the phone.

I heard her sigh and mumble a few things to Louis. “Yeah... I do.”

“Okay...” I continued. “Where is she?”

“Liam,” She trailed off, trying to find the words. “She’s gone.”

I scrunched up my eyebrows, denying what I had just heard. “What do you mean?”

“She went home.” I felt my heart sink into the pit of my stomach.

“Why? What did I do wrong?” I said replaying everything I’d ever said to her in my head. “I thought we were better...”

“No no no, Liam. It wasn’t you!” She exclaimed. “Well... it kind of was. Let me explain.”

“Please do...” I said putting my head against the steering wheel.

She let out a long sigh. “Okay, well... it started with the fight you two had at the club.” She mumbled something else to Lou and continued. “Then she went home and none of us checked on her.”

“But we mad up!” I hollered.

“I know Liam!” She said obviously aggravated as I was. “This happened before you guys made up.... if you’d let me finish.” I apologized. “Well because of that, all of us not checking on her, she felt horrible. So she called her mom... and she told her she wanted to go home... because none of us cared enough to call her and see how she was doing.”

“Why didn’t she tell me she was going home?” I slowly asked, avoiding the tears I wanted to cry out.

“Liam, I tried to get her to tell you. But she was scared. You’d get mad at her.” She said, just as upset as I.

“And she didn’t think that not telling me wouldn’t hurt?” I exclaimed putting my car in drive.

“I don’t know... but I’ve got to go.” I turned my phone off without saying goodbye and threw it in the passenger seat.

*                                  *                                  *                                  *                                  *

I drove all the way to the airport without stopping. I parked out front and ran inside, racing past guards and everyone. I ran past all the doors screaming Amy’s name.

“Amy! Amy!” I hollered down the last hallway that led outside. “Amy...” I said as I saw a beautiful blonde girl board the next flight out. “Amy!” I cried out, slouching down the hallway’s wall and pulling my knees up to my chest. “Please, don’t go....” was the last thing I could hear myself weep out before the roar of the engine began and her plane took off into the sky.

--------------------------------------------------

A/N: Only the Epilogue is left my beautiful readers. I hope you've enjoyed this book as much as I have. Thanks for reading! Vote, Follow, and comment!!! xoxo