Chapter Seven - Don't Tell

Eleanor's POV

Amy was so upset at the moment even I, her best friend, couldn't fix her. And usually I was always the one to fix her.

I felt so bad. She was trying to be so strong. She didn't want to let any of her feelings out. And she wasn't talking either. Maybe if I start.

"Amy-"

"El! What do I do?" She exclaimed and stood up. I guess all I did need to do was start. "How do I tell Liam? We just made up!"

"I don't know, Amy. I guess just tell him." I said in the clueless tone I always seemed to hold. She frowned at me. That was obviously the wrong answer.

"No El! I can't just tell him..." She said leaning against the wall.

"You kind of have to..." I mumbled under my breath, in hopes of her not hearing me.

"Why?" She obviously had. "He doesn't have to know." She said coming over and sitting beside me. "Nobody has to know."

"You can't just 'not' tell him." I argued as I gave her a confused look. Liam was a very sensitive and fragile guy. And Amy meant a lot to him. He was deeply in love with her and I know how it feels to love someone and then have them taken away. Liam wanted to be with her and I thought she wanted to be with them as well. They hadn't even reached the dating point yet. Who knows if they ever would...

"I will... eventually." She swallowed hard and nodded to the ground. "The day I leave."

"You're just going to wait until you can't wait any longer?" She nodded again, avoiding my gaze. "Amy..."

"El," She glanced over at me. I could see the sorrow in her deep blue eyes. "It's going to be easier and better for him..."

"No Amy." I said growing annoyed. "He'll still get upset; you just won't be here to see it..." I looked away and pictured what Liam would do when he found out Amy was leaving. His face looked broken and sad. Like nobody could heal it. "He's still going to be hurt..."

"Then I'm going to keep quiet until I'm gone." I shook my head at her stupidity. "It will be better if he doesn't have to see me."

"I understand." I said as I put my arm around her reassuringly. "I just think that you need to take yourself out of the picture and take a look inside Liam's head." She kind of just stared at me. No emotion revealing on her face. "Listen, Amy, I'm not going to tell anyone... don't worry. That's your job."

"I know it is..." She sighed and returned her focus to the bed sheets. "And your job, being my best friend, should be to respect my decision."

I huffed and aimlessly ran my fingers through my hair. "Amy, I do. I really do. I was just expressing my opinion... also one of my many jobs."

She laughed a little and then looked over at me. "Thank you. " She pulled me into a hug and I returned hers with my own. "So you understand the plan?"

I nodded. "Yes." She raised an eyebrow, testing me to see if I'd go on to explain. "We're going to act like nothing happened. Like everything is normal. And that's how it's going to be... even when you board the plane and leave."

"Exactly!" She exclaimed in approval.

I slowly stood up and walked over to the door. "I have to get ready and leave."

"She stood up and walked me downstairs. "Sorry all this had to happen." She blurted out as we reached the ground floor.

"It's ok." I mumbled and repacked my bag.

I didn't necessarily have anywhere special to be. I just wanted to leave before I said something I was going to regret.

I didn't agree with her thought process, whatsoever. She was going to hurt Liam by not telling him. Not because she was leaving, I mean, he knew she would have to leave and go home one day. He hadn't expected it to be this soon, but it was still in the picture. But her lying to him and acting like nothing was going on wasn't. He was going to be upset because she hadn't found the faith and trust in him to tell him.  But there was no way I could change her mind. She was headstrong if anything. And all of this was my opinion, not hers. And I guess it wasn't my place to express it. Apparently. So I wasn't going to... All the hurt that was about to occur amongst them wasn't my fault. It was all on Amy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay... the next few chapters are going to be a bit short. Sorry guys! I hope you're liking it! Love you all! Please comment and tell me what you think.

xoxox :*