Chapter One - Much Need Closure

Daniel's POV

Having the girl of your dreams break your heart isn't necessarily the easiest thing on earth. Since she broke mine, I have been locked in my room, refusing to leave. Except for the occasional meal and to take a shower. But besides that, there was nothing my roomates could do to get me to come out.

"Daniel Lee Stonebreaker!" Ivan screamed through my door. I just ignored him. He did this every day when he would come over to my place and check on me. "Daniel!"

I sighed and decided it would be best if I replied. "That's my name, don't wear it out!" I smart mouthed back. All week I hadn't been in any sort of mood to talk to anyone. Not my friends. Not my family. Not my roommates. Nobody.

"Daniel please come out or at least let me in." Ivan demanded from the other side of my unlocked door.

I rolled over slightly on my bed. I sighed real heavy. "Just leave me alone..." I rolled completely over and put my face in my pillow.

"Daniel... we have. All week! It's time to come out; I mean... do you even remember what sunlight looks like?" Ivan ignored my orders and barged in.

"Ivan!" I yelled as I popped my head out of my pillow. "Out!"

"No!" He yanked my covers of and started jumping on the bed.

"Why?!?" I screamed, trying to push him away.

"Because!! You need to get out; I mean you won't even tell us what's wrong."

"I don't want to talk about it." I huffed out and pulled myself into a sitting position.

He sat down beside me. "Daniel, whatever is the matter, I guarantee that sitting in a room isn't going to help it. Let's go for a walk."

"But-"He cut me off.

"No buts! Get up." He said and grabbed my phone. Before I even realized what was going on, he was out of my room and headed outside.

I quickly got up, upon realizing what was happening, and chased him downstairs. "Ivan!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as I busted out the door. Ivan was right. I had forgotten what the sun was like. I squinted my eyes as if I were blind and tried to fine him.

"Catch me if you can!" He shouted and I began to chase the sound of his voice.

My eyes finally adjusted to the sun and I could see again. I chased him around our building for about five more minutes before I caught him. "Now give it." I demanded breathing in and out heavily.

"Here," He huffed out and sort of laughed. "Now go get dressed. You aren't wearing any pants."

I glanced down at my half-dressed body and felt my face heat into a hot shade of red. I hadn't even noticed. I was only wearing boxers and a white T-shirt. "I'll be back." I grunted in embarrassment and anger and walked inside to go get dressed.

I pulled myself up the stairs and plopped down on my unmade bed. I laid there for a few minutes, before actually following his orders. I was scared of the outside world right now. What if I saw her? What would I do? Or worse...what would she do?

I finally got up and pulled on some pants and switched my shirt for a clean one. I combed my utterly messy hair and brushed my teeth. I applied a quick layer of deodorant and slid on my shoes. Upon finishing, I went back outside to join Ivan. "Ready."

"Oh my goodness you take ages to do such a simple task." He joked and motioned me to follow him.

"So, where are we going?" I asked speed walking to keep up with him.