Chapter 31: How to Pluck Your Eyebrows

Removing straggling hairs from around the edges of your eyebrows and also removing any very bushy hairs will improve the outline of your eyebrows. But take care not to remove too many hairs or your eyebrows may end up looking rather bald and unnatural. It is good idea to pluck your eyebrows after taking a hot bath, as the skin is softer then and the hair follicles are more open. You will probably find that slant-ended tweezers are better for plucking the eyebrows than either straight-or-rounded ones. After plucking your eyebrows, give them another brushing with your eyebrow brush, and then wipe them with a mild toner to close the follicles that have had their hairs removed.

Techniques to Pluck Your Eyebrows

·         First brush your eyebrows into shape with a special eyebrow brush or a clean old toothbrush.

·         Then use tweezers to pluck out the stray hairs. Begin by removing stragglers from between your eyebrows and then tidy up the general outline.

Defining the Eyebrows

Most people prefer to use a fine eyebrow pencil for defining their eyebrows. Always choose a color to tone with your own eyebrows and hair color; your face will look strange if you choose a color that is at odds with your natural coloring. If you are using an eyebrow pencil make sure that it is very sharp so that you can draw the lines exactly where you want them.

Always start at the inner corner of the eyebrow and use short, light upward strokes as you work toward the middle.

From the center of the eyebrow to the outer edge, use the same kind of feathery strokes as before but this time tip them downward.

Always pluck brows in direction of growth so as not to damage the hair follicle.