Chapter 6

"It'll be okay, Stiles. I'm fine just remember son, I love you...."
I open my eyes and pick my head up from the window. I feel a tear go down my cheek and I wipe it away quickly hoping nobody saw. I hate these dreams. Every time I see her it's when she's dying. I miss my mom so much.
"Stiles.."
I turn my head to whoever said my name. Derek. Before I answer I look back to see if the others are awake and I let out I breath I didn't know I was holding when I realize all of them are sleeping. I look back at Derek who is driving. I know what he wants to say but I don't want to talk about it so I ask him, "How far away from the house are we?" 
"Well you slept for about five hours so I'm guessing about five more hours and we'll be there."
"How long have they been like that?" I ask pointing to Isaac, Scott, and Allison.
"About one hour give or take."
So they just fell asleep, that's good I can talk to Derek without them listening in now. If we only had some thing to talk about.
"So...how's driving?"
"I kinda like driving, it's very calming."
"Yeah?"
"Yeah I used to take my car and drive around when I needed some time to settle down."
I just laugh a little them look at him. His hair looks flatter than usual, probably from this long trip, going down to his eyes they're a deep shade of green, I like his eyes I could stare at them all day if I could. Looking down and his nose it looks perfect. How does a nose even look perfect? like it's a nose. Dropping my eyes a little lower to his mouth which is also perfect I see a hint of a smile. And Derek never smiles so why is he kind of smiling while talking to me? As I'm staring at his lips they begin to move.
"Stiles?"
"Hmm" I hum still staring at his lips if I was just a little bit closer...
"Stiles stop staring at me it's creeping me out." At that I burst out laughing, "me? I'm the creepy one?" I laugh again trying to hide my red cheeks by looking away. A hand grabs my chin and turns me toward Derek, it's Derek's hand. His hand is under my chin right now. Oh Frick me.
"I think you look really nice when you laugh." He says looking at me for a moment then looking back to the road taking his hand away. What. What did he say? Well if he wants to play that game, "Well I think you look really nice when you smile Derek."
At that he smiles a bit more and I do to. I should record this, Derek Hale smiling, because of me. I grab my phone quietly from my pocket while he's driving and I take a picture of me and him. I look at it and he's smiling. It's even better that he's kinda looking away because if he were to look straight at the camera there would be bright spots where his eyes would be.
"Did you just take a picture of me?"
"Nope" I say putting my phone back And turning the radio up a bit so he won't question me any more.
For the rest of the ride there Derek and I made small conversations and listen to the radio. I did not go back to sleep though because I think I would have rather talked to Derek instead.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
Derek followed Erica's car through a little patch of woods into the drive way of Lydia's beach house. Getting a good view of the house I see it's big but not to big. It looks really nice. The outside looks kind of like a really big log cabin. Waking up the three in the back we jump out if the car exited to see the inside of where we will be staying for as long as we want to. Walking into the house after Lydia unlocks the door the sight is amazing! There's the living room to the left with two big couches and a large tv, the dinning room next to that looks normal but with a fricken chandelier above it. There was a set of stairs to the right of the entrance that went down and walking through the open hallway I could see another set of stairs heading up. In between them I saw the kitchen. Oh my I cannot wait to cook in this thing.
"We haven't been here for awhile so there's no food but we can go grocery shopping later, most of the rooms are downstairs but there's one bedroom upstairs. Um what else oh and no having sex in the bedrooms!"
I chuckle a little bit at that. Lydia can be a little dramatic sometimes. Looking at my phone it's 3 in the afternoon. Gosh it's been a long trip. We all sat down in the living room to discuss room arrangements and other thing. Lydia of course was in charge of who shared rooms with who. She decided it was best that all the girls get the biggest room together which was Allison, Erica, and herself. And then paired us in twos. I think Lydia caught on about me having a crush on Derek because she put us together in the only room upstairs saying that I'm the only one he can stand. Okay. Wait did I just say I had a crush on Derek? I mean he's hot and very....beautiful, yeah I don't know I guess thinking someone is beautiful means that you like them more than a friend. If only Derek saw what she did.
Lydia also put Isaac and Scott in one room, and Boyd and Jackson in the other. This is going to be so much fun.