Chapter 8

This Chapter Is Dedicated to LAUGHSbella For Making Me Smile :)

If You Read Closely, You May See An Appearance From Her In This Chapter ;)

Also, My Beautiful WattPad Family, I Am Infact Pregnant! And So For The Next 7 Months, Should Be Writing Like Crazy Because I'll Have ALOT Of Time Off Work ;) :p

Hope You Enjoy!

x'o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 8

Asher's P.O.V

I was sitting on the single sofa in the living room, awaiting the clock to painfully announce the time to leave. I was in agony. My emotions would not settle, but I had become a master of disguise. Happiness is like a second skin to me now. It's been three weeks since the most humiliating day of my life. 

'You mean when your ex hooked up with your boyfriend?'

Yes, mind. That day. Thanks for the input.

'No problem.'

You know, I'm beginning to think my mind takes the piss out of me... Just a little bit.

Anyway, three weeks... Yeah. The relationship between Dwayne and I has deteriated into near enough nothing. We hardly speak and when we do speak, it is strictly work. It kills me to look at him sometimes. Just knowing what could have been. 

'Is he still with that Kate?' 

Can we leave that out please?

'No. I'd REALLY like to know.'

Why does it feel like you're smirking at me? Can you even smirk at yourself?

Wait!

Am I Going Crazy?

'Is he still with her?'

Yes. Well, he says no. But she hasn't left his house so I guess that's a yes? It still hurts to think about him being with her the way he was with me. It isn't fair. He was supposed to be my hero. My superman. I sighed, knowing it would never be. Because he just isn't gay. The words tore through my chest like a burning knife through butter. I needed to suck it up.

I glanced at the black ICE watch I was wearing and stood up from the sofa I was lounging in. 8:15AM. I had been leaving later than usual to get to school most days because of the rift between us. Is it guilt? No, it's just shame, humiliation. If the kids at school ever found out about this, it would probably be the death of me.

My phone vibrated twice, telling me I had a text message. 

FROM: HEARTBREAKER

Staff meetin start 15 mins ago, were r u?

D.

Oh HELL! I forgot all about that!

*     *     *     *     *

I burst through the staff room door, red and flustered. I had ran these corridors like I was running a 100 metre sprint.

"Sorry I'm late!" I apologised, trying to catch my breath at the same time.

"Just sit, Hickman." Bella ordered. Bella is the Head Mistress of the school and a very good one at that. She has the power to make any pupil quiver. Yes, I quiver too.

I took a seat quickly, avoiding eye contact with anyone, especially Dwayne.

"Right, as we all know, the science trip to Hollomans Theme Park is next week. Has all the attending pupils returned their RSPV's?"