Chapter 8

I woke up on a hospital bed, my head pounding and my vision blurry. I groan and I hear someone gasp. I look up to see Princess Vasilisa Dragomir next to me. I raise my eyebrows a bit and she nods understanding my confusion as to why she was here. "You've been out for about two days or so. You must be a pretty powerful spirit user to have been out for that long. Here," she motions to who I assume is a guardian outside the door, I am surprised to see that it is Dimitri leading a feeder into the room with a grateful expression towards Vasilisa. Vasilisa nods and smile at him before turning back to me. "I knew you'd be hungry. I always am too, if I over do it and have a magic black out." I nodded and gladly turned to the feeder, Anna next to me.

When I had finished, Vasilisa stood and grasped my hand. "I know being a spirit user is difficult and that you left because you were scared of the tests, just know that as a fellow spirit user I know what You're going through and I am always available if you need to talk to me. Adrian too. And Dimitri, even though he might not understand everything." She squeezes my hand and stands to leave. "Thank you, Princess Vasilisa." She shakes her head as a chuckle escapes her lips. "Call me lissa. We're friends now Luna." She smiles once more over her shoulder before leaving the room.

After I sat alone for a few minutes clearing my head a bit, Headmistress Kirova sweeps into the room with Dimitri behind her. I can see obviously that she doesnt particularly care for me because of her blatant glare in my direction. I glance to Dimitri, conveying my annoyance to him with my eyes and he simoly shrugs. I wait for her to speak but she only stares for a moment before gesturing To Dimitri wgo steps forward. "Luna, Headmistress Kirova has agreed to place you back into school here." I nod. "But...?" I ask. I know there's a catch. "But.." Dimitri says reluctantly. "You must agree to have the testing done. She is allowing you to bring someone to keep you company and comfort you durring said tests." He explains, rushing the last bit.

My heart rate quickens but I force myself to stay calm. I nod. Finally Kirova speaks, still glaring, "Who is it that you would like to accompany you throughout the tests, Miss Ivashvov?" Her voice is icy and clearly annoyed. "I would like Guardian Belikov to sit with me for the tests if it isn't too much to ask." I answer glancing between her and Dimitri.

Kirova turns to Dimitri and silently asks his opinion. "I would be happy to accompany Miss Ivashkov durring her tests, Headmistress." He says this more to me than to her. "Fine." She nods and procedes to stamp out of the room, her sharp heels clicking down the small hospital hallway.
We sit in silence for a bit just smiling at eachother. It is broke when Adrian stops in to see me. He practically crushes me in his arms when he hugs me, sqeezing thw life out of me.

We talk for a bit and soon both have to leave. But I dont get upset. I smile and turn on my side in the terrible hospital bed. Still smiling I notice some flowers outside the window. They were dying but still a bit yellow; they were hanging on. This made me smile and as soon as I did the flowers perked up and became a brighter, more vibrant sunshine yellow. I fell asleep feeling more at home than I had in a long while.