Steve & Skye

Cap and the Black Widow stand outside of a warehouse, lingering in the shadows and waiting patiently for Hawkeye to case the inside of the building and give them the green to enter. Tony is flying up above, keeping an eye out and ready to warn them in case someone drives in their direction.

The whole purpose for this op is to retrieve alien weaponry that landed in the hands of banded mercenaries- Natasha having caught wind of the information from one of her contacts. And since the Avengers aren't under SHIELD jurisdiction, they're rarely in contact with the new Director of the new SHIELD and are in charge of their own ops.

"Captain, we have a problem," Hawkeye radios in. "We've got one hostage bound and one merc threatening her with a knife."

Steve lightly groans and his head falls back before he radios back. "Can you take him out?"

"Won't be a problem."

"Well, get a move on then," Iron Man's voice crackles over the comm line. "We've got incoming."

"Stall 'em," the Black Widow tells him. "Hawkeye's got the merc, and Cap and I got the hostage."

"Aannddd that's your cue," Hawkeye muses. "Might wanna get in here fast, Cap. She's panicking."

Captain America and the Black Widow rush for the building, the Captain kicking the door in with ease. There are plenty of crates- crates of all sizes- stacked high and it takes them a moment to get clear of them before they're running into a clearing where said hostage is wiggling in her seat. The merc that was holding her captive is lying face first on the ground, an arrow protruding from his back.

As the Widow kneels behind the hostage's back to start cutting away at her ropes, the Captain runs around front and pulls free the material stuffed in her mouth. "No worries, Miss, we're here to help."

The woman stares up at him in something resembling awe and Steve offers her a small smile as explosions sound outside. Glass shatters from somewhere up above and then Iron man is sliding to a halt right next them, his face plate sliding up seconds later.

The woman then glances from Iron Man, to the Black Widow as she comes around to her front, to Hawkeye who's dropped from seemingly thin air, and then back to Captain FREAKIN' America and snorts as she holds his gaze. "I'm totally not the damsel you think I am, Captain."

Steve actually rears back at her words, a soft gasp falling from his lips that has Iron Man and the Black Widow staring curiously at him. He locks gazes with the girl and when it sinks in that this is the woman meant for him and him for her, he starts to slowly smile. But then she has to go and shake her head as if clearing a thought, averting her gaze with a frown and Steve's stomach drops.

"Thank you, Lady and Gentlemen," the dark haired woman speaks, "but really, I had this handled."

"Says the person who's bound to a chair," Clint snorts.

"Yeah, well, the mission called for it," she shrugs and everyone watches as she stands and steps out of the rope that was still binding her feet with ease.

It's then everyone notices the black tactical clothing, Steve's eyes immediately falling to the nearly indistinguishable bird logo emblazoned over her heart. "You're SHIELD."

"Agent Skye at your service." She offers the Avengers a grim smile and then presses a finger near her ear. "Hey, DC, I've run into a bit of a problem. Mission's been compromised by Avengers."

She pauses briefly, listening to the person speaking via comm and Tony huffs. "DC?"

"Director C-" she starts to say, eyes widening a fraction before backtracking as she realizes just who she's speaking to. "The Director," she says instead with a gulp and Clint rolls his eyes. The girl really needed to work on her agent face. "I'm sort of his favorite field agent at the moment."