Queen Bee

Type - Boss
Environment - Bee Hive
AI Type - Queen Bee AI
Damage - 30 / 54 (melee)    22 / 44 (stinger)
Max Life - 3400 / 4760
Defense - 8 / 8-20 depending on health
KB Resist - 100%
Inflicts Debuff - Poisoned
Debuff Duration - 10 seconds / 20 seconds (Stinger attack)    2 - 6 seconds (On contact)
Debuff Tooltip - Slowly losing life

                 Tips and Tricks

- The Queen Bee will level herself horizontally with the player and fly back and forth three times in an attempt to ram the player.

- Similar to Hornets, the Queen Bee will rapidly fire poisonous stingers at the player. During this pattern, she will alternate between hovering above the player, and positioning herself to swoop in at the player from above.

- The Honey naturally found in Bee Hives can be used to craft Bottled Honey or provide passive health regeneration mid-fight, but be careful to avoid being knocked into it.

- The bees do little damage, but can easily become an annoyance as they can push the player around. In the case that you don't have a Cobalt Shield or Obsidian Shield yet to avoid knockback, any Grappling Hooks can be used to anchor yourself to blocks.

- Well placed Platforms and using Shurikens makes killing the Queen Bee fairly easy.

- Using a Thorn Chakram or Blade of Grass can poison her, and can kill her easily. Most players defeat this boss late in pre-Hardmode, around the time when these weapons become obtained.

- Bees spawned by the player will still attack the Queen Bee.

- The Queen Bee has the most unique drops of any boss in the game, with 14 different items.

- Once the Queen Bee is defeated, the Witch Doctor NPC will spawn if there is a vacant house.

- Defeating the Queen Bee will yield one of three weapons: the Bee Keeper, Bee Gun, or The Bee's Knees. Each has an equal 33% chance of being dropped, but one will always be dropped when the boss is slain.

- The Nectar and Honeyed Goggles each have 6.7% and 5% chances of dropping.