17. pure lust

This is the revised version of Attraction - and this chapter is explicit (18+)

I woke up with the weirdest thought, instantly sitting straight up in the disorderly bed. "We forgot the food." I had drifted off far too easily after that mindfuck last night which meant that hunger clawed at my insides while my mouth resembled a patch of dried mud. I probably had dry spunk somewhere on my body, but I honestly didn't care.

Tom stirred, looking way too comfortable beneath the white sheets. Mouthwatering—except, I was parched, and his presence didn't help.

"What?" His voice sounded like gravel crunching beneath wide tires. He was sexy as sin which was a good thing since my butt was sated to perfection from last night. Whatever had happened before should be forgotten and never discussed again. It was time to put on the happy face again because, more than ever, I needed to feel sane. I needed to feel powerful.

"The food last night. We forgot."

"No, I put it in the fridge. What time is it?" He peeked at me with eyes that said something akin to 'if it's early I'm going to strangle you slowly'.

I stared at the bedside table as if my phone would magically appear. Of course, I'd forgotten to bring it into the room yesterday which also meant that it'd probably run out of battery during the night. Looking over to Tom's side, I saw his phone neatly placed in the charger stand.

Feeling a lot bolder than I should, I crawled over him and fetched the phone.

He grunted beneath my weight. "What..." He never finished the statement, and I claimed that as a victory. Cuddling in bed for no reason was the best. Surely we should be comfortable enough with each other by now even if he tried to wring me dry and open up all my locks and bolts.

"You have seven missed calls."

He tried to turn beneath me, giving me a strange look before placing his hand on my back as if it belonged there. It was the best touch in the world, and if I were a cat, I would have purred with satisfaction.

"They're from Dante and Chris mostly. One from Lara."

He blinked with sleepy eyes, but when he opened them again they appeared a lot more awake. "Hand me the phone."

Okay, so perhaps we weren't close enough yet that I could check his calls, but the names were right there on the display. He couldn't really fault me for glancing at the screen.

"I have to call." He tried to get up, but I wasn't having it.

"I'll stay silent. Promise." I could do a lot of things while silent, and messing with someone while they were talking on the phone was one of my favorite hobbies.

The second he relented, relaxing into the soft mattress, I flashed a smile to myself. He swiped the screen and put the phone to his ear. The slight shift of his right hand on my back could have been a reflex move, but I savored the touch nonetheless. I would have a boner in no time if this continued.

"You called," Tom said.

I heard a murmur coming from the person he was talking to, but I couldn't make out what they said or who it was.

"I told you I would have it on silent during the night." Oh boy, someone wasn't happy. A frown developed across his brow, one I immediately wanted to wipe away.

I let my hand drift beneath the cover, exploring the ridges on his chest. He nailed me with a flat stare as I grazed his nipple. Stares wouldn't scare me away, certainly not when he wasn't doing anything to get rid of me.