Spirit

Spirituality

Sitting there on the floor

Feeling as though my mind

Has opened to channel in the thoughts of G-d

~Hearing whispers from behind

But alas, there is no one there

~Tasting something strange in the air

~Smelling the pure scent of mystical wonders

~Seeing universal shapes and lights

Spark a vision of beauty and power

The sixth sense travels through my body

Opening passage ways

To the psychic energy of this world

And the heavenly afterlife beyond

Old souls seek spirituality

From the other world of their dreams

Where poltergeists and psychogeists

Whirl around in their smoky presence

Where nothing is as it seems

Can you feel it?

SHE connected to the world of spirit through meditation and dreams. Other than past lives, SHE was shown what the "Other Side" looked like and that death wasn't as final as everyone thought and believed. SHE had witnessed the death or the dying of someone close to her when SHE was only in high school. It was a close friend of the family that was diagnosed very late with cancer and mistreated by the doctors. When SHE saw the friend who SHE always saw as more like an aunt to her a few days before her death, the woman was unrecognizable.

So when it was time for the funeral and they placed the casket into the earth and SHE took a shovel and—per Jewish customs—placed three shovels-worth of earth on top, SHE knew that SHE wasn't laying her "Aunt" Jane into the ground as worm food. She was in a higher and better place; her Aunt Jane was on the "Other Side" and she'd been there since she had taken her last breath.

    Angels were magical beings; non-corporeal in nature or at least not the way they showed themselves to her. The "Other Side" was a place that was unexplainable because there weren't enough words in any language to describe it other than infinite and eternal. Ironically, her first inclination into what that world was like came from the shows "Touched by An Angel" and "Unsolved Mysteries" or "UM" for short as well as from the movie "The Craft". Though many things were left to be deciphered by the viewer, the ideas and seeds of possibility were planted.

SHE loved "UM" though the host Robert Stack and the music creeped her out a bit.

    SHE also felt that when SHE watched "UM" in particular, her highly in-tuned sensitivity would increase the possibility of the interaction or presence of spirits from the other realm. SHE had learned a long time before that nothing was impossible. The beauty of the "Other Side" was unparalled and SHE could feel herself connected with past family members as well as seeing the whole universe and many different landscapes all at the same time. It was because her vision which could only go 180 degrees on earth with peripherals, there could do all 360 and more. There weren't any limits on anything.

    SHE had several encounters with spirits within her home. Her home was only 20 something years old at the time when most of those occurred and when her parents first bought the place, SHE herself asked their real estate agent if anyone had died there, because though SHE was highly sensitive, SHE didn't want to deal with some unhappy earthbound spirit who was attached to the place; SHE was after all only about 15 years old at the time. Thankfully, the real estate lady said no.