Premonitions

America United

The world was blue and bright that morning

Than hell upon this earth in a fireball of sorts

Lives changed forever in those heated moments

And the president opened up all forts

People cried near and at a distance

The world turned gray and dark as night

And as the nation held prayer vigils

The military stepped in to fight

Power of love and spirit surrounds us

We all take pleasure in our nation

And now we faced such uncertainties

As the world stood with us in strength and appreciation

    Everyone experiences déjà vu or some form of something happening somewhere and then again later on. But SHE had very real premonitions; more notably than not was the one that lasted for 6 months prior to the terrorist attack every night in her dreams. Each and every night SHE would dream of a plane crashing into a wooden room, slicing through it with its wing like it was a knife going through butter. Obviously, not knowing what it meant, SHE didn't think much of it other than a very strange dream that kept repeating itself like clockwork.

    As the days got closer to September 11, 2001, her dream became more focused on the airplane itself. SHE knew a lot about markings on planes as it was in her blood and SHE was always fascinated with them. So when the silver plane appeared more pronounced in her dreams, SHE knew instantly that it was an American Airlines jet as it spun and smashed into the wooden room once again. In this room, everything was wood except the window glass. SHE never saw an explosion or death or destruction; just that same plane crashing into that room over and over again.

    In 2001, SHE graduated high school and started college after Labor Day that September, so the terrorist attack happened when SHE was only in her second week of school. Being a commuter, SHE drove her car to and from the two colleges SHE took courses in. That morning was cloudless and warm. It was a day like any other or at least that's how it began; everyone knows how it ended.

    While SHE was having breakfast that morning, a vision flashed in her head that showed her that when SHE got to school; people would be very upset and then later running around frightened. With that, the vision ended. SHE looked at the clock in the kitchen and it said 8:46. SHE gathered her things and started to walk towards the garage and her car. As SHE opened the door and put one foot over the threshold, an icy chill SHE had never felt before or since went up and down her spine. It wasn't like anything SHE ever felt nor could it be explained by the temperatures in the house and garage. It was almost visceral in its iciness. SHE glanced at the watch on her wrist and it said 9:03.

     SHE got into her car thinking that both were extremely strange. SHE turned on the radio as SHE did every morning and while her favorite station was playing commercials, SHE switched to another station; both of them were NYC stations and located in Manhattan proper. The second station had started to broadcast about a small plane hitting a building in Manhattan. They were located on top of the Empire State Building and therefore had the view of the whole city. The news was very sketchy and didn't come in properly.

    As expected, when SHE got to school, people were frightened because by that time both planes had crashed and it was known that it was the WTC. Class started on time but about 15 minutes in, a woman ran in from the registrar's office white as a sheet saying there were bombings in Washington and that the university was going on lockdown. That phrase in itself—the locking down of a university—was enough to scare the shit out of any student in any city, state, or country regardless of what was happening. All commuters had to leave at once.

    As people ran from classrooms and into dorms and towards parking lots, SHE didn't think of her visions as much as how badly SHE wanted to get home and called her mom worriedly, asking if they knew anyone in the twin towers; to which her mom said:

"Your father's cousin."

As the security of the university waved for all of the commuters to go go go--their arms pinwheeling and their faces hard--SHE hit the gas. For the first and only time in her life, SHE hit 100mph plus on the parkway headed home and got back in 10 or 15 instead of the normal 30 minutes. SHE bolted into the house and turned on the TV as SHE saw in horror what the rest of the country had been watching since the beginning. Her favorite buildings since SHE was a little girl and always dreamed of working in; crumbled before her eyes. Her mom came home and held her in her arms as SHE cried. At just under 18 years old, everything had changed for them all.

It took until 11pm that night to finally hear from her dad's cousin finding out that the woman had nine lives and had gotten to work 5 minutes late. She worked in the south tower; the 2nd plane had hit right above her floors. Her company moved to NJ but she retired because she was older and because she survived two terrorist attacks.

That evening as the FAA had grounded all flights over the country; the sky was deathly quiet with only the sounds of occasional fighter jets overhead. The day that started out so beautifully, ended in the loss of nearly 3,000 lives. It wasn't until months later, that SHE realized that her 6 month long dream didn't come to her and when she put all of the puzzle pieces together, SHE knew that her dream was the premonition to the 9/11 attacks as well as the vision and icy feeling at the exact times as both planes had crashed into the towers. SHE told her mother who had known about the dream that the next time SHE had a dream that lasted more than a week, SHE was calling the FBI. SHE wasn't kidding either.

That was the first time SHE had visions and dreams that predicted the future but they weren't the last. One of the strangest ones SHE ever head was while SHE was stuck in traffic her sophomore year coming from class on the way home one day. Not one to ever care about traffic as long as there was good music playing; SHE sat gingerly in the car and waited. SHE had a feeling it was a car accident but nothing prepared her for the vision that SHE was about to get.

In her mind's eye SHE saw an accident where the cars were one right on top of one another. One looked like a van and the other a sedan; the van was on top of the sedan. It was over before SHE could blink; SHE shook her head to clear it and kept rolling forward. It was maybe another 15 minutes when her car rounded the bend following the traffic and saw the accident in the left lane.

Amazingly, just like her vision, a van was indeed parked right on top of a sedan, smashing it nearly into the ground. SHE stopped and offered her cellphone to the drivers to call for help but people were already helping so SHE was thanked and drove on. Turned out that the sedan stopped suddenly and the van didn't have enough time so it hit it and drove right on top and got stuck. Thankfully, no one was injured.

SHE was truly amazed how her visions were showing her the future be it the immediate or 6 months down the line. It wasn't something SHE could control but when they happened later on in life, SHE paid very close attention to them. None were as large or memorable as those but SHE still continued to look for signs in everything SHE saw and dreamt. After all, it was the world of spirit that was giving her these messages and that's the world that SHE was connected to from the time SHE first became a soul and through many lifetimes since.

***Pinsky, Olga. "America United". Out of the Abyss. August 7, 2008. ©All Rights Reserved.***