12

Emily's P.O.V

We ended up getting drunk off our asses that night, so I stayed with the boys at their hotel. I've only been with them for 24 hours and I already love them more than words can say.

I woke up with the worst headache of my life. "Stupid ass boys making me party and getting hungover," I mumble on my way to the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water and sat on the kitchen floor, with my head resting on the fridge.

********

"Emily..." Someone mumbled. "Emily!" The voice screamed in my ear.

I jumped awake at the noise. "What?!"

"You're in my way, move." Calum pushed me away from the fridge.

"Fuck you," I mumbled, and slowly moved away, back to my bed. So, I figured I'd wake Luke and the other dipshits up.

I jumped onto Luke, and he jumped up, making me fall face first off of the bed.

"Ow, you bitch," I screamed, rubbing my nose, making the others wake up.

"Hey, I'm not a bitch, bitch!" Luke yelled.

"LANGUAGE!" Ashton yelled at us both.

"Fuck you," Luke and I said in unison.

Ashton rolled his eyes and laid his head back down. "Let's go get ice cream." I said.

"Its 3 in the morning," Michael replied.

"really? I thought it was like 9," I laughed. "well I want food, or ice cream, or something."

"yeah, me too," Michael chimed in.

"well I'm pretty sure there's a gas station down the street, that's open 24/7," Ashton said, without looking up from his phone.

"let's fucking go then." I said, grabbing my shoes.

"Emily, language," Ashton said, rolling his eyes.

I returned the gesture, and walked out the door, with the four mole rats following behind. it was a pretty short walk, since it was only a block or two from our hotel. I honestly didn't even know where we were, or which part of town we were in; we got so drunk last night, I can't remember.

we finally reached the little store, and as we walked in a little bell rung out. I took a glance around the shop, noticing the creepy, middle-aged man, staring straight at me. I shuddered, and continued walking. I picked up some chips, a Ben & Jerry's, and some soda, noticing the man still staring.

him staring at me gave me flashbacks of what happened at the mall, but I didn't want to remember what happened, because I'm already scared to walk outside to get the mail. but I thought since the boys were with me, and it was 3 in the morning, no one would be here.

starting to terribly regret my decision, I rushed the boys along. but the man still stared, while moving closer to me slowly. I tried to control my breathing and the flashbacks, but I could t help it. I didn't know how to stop the spinning that was happening in my head, or how to slow my breathing.

I could hear the boys' voices, trying to calm me down, but they sounded blurred, and some words I couldn't make out. I was now laying on the floor, I knew because of the new hard surface that had appeared on my head and back. my eyes got wet with tears, and they began to fall onto my neck and the floor.

someone had picked me up, and ran out of the store, I'm not sure who but the others were very close behind.

my breathing was still going 100 miles an hour,  same as my heart beat. I didn't know what was happening to me, but I couldn't stop the flashbacks, or the feeling of the concrete bathroom floor on my bare body.

next thing I knew, we were back in our hotel room, and I was sprawled on the bed. everything had slowed some what, and now I could hear the boys' voices clearly.

"Emily, what the hell was that? what happened?" Luke asked frantically, the other boys nodding along with his question.

"I-I don't know. it's never happened before," I said, still shivering. "that older man in the back of the store, h-he was staring at me, he kept coming closer, a-and it made me think back to the mall, and I-I just don't know what it-"

I was interrupted by Calum, "we were the only ones in the store, em."

I gave him a confused look, "no, there was a man in the back, behind where the candy was. he wouldn't stop staring at me."

"no, Emily, it was only us five that were in there." Ashton agreed.

"what?"

so I was hallucinating now? what the hell is wrong with me? yes, I was diagnosed with PTSD after the accident happened, but I didn't think it'd make me see things that weren't fucking there. that's the first time anything like that has ever happened since. I've had nightmares, yeah, but it was like a real-life nightmare.

the boys nodded, confused. "em, I think you need to lay down." Luke chimed in.

"no, I can't sleep!" I yelled. I didn't want to sleep, because I was afraid of what will happen if I close my eyes.

"come on em, I'll lay with you, okay?" Luke asked, climbing in next to me. he pulled me into his chest, and rubbed my hair.

"okay."