﴾14♦ Shy and Quiet﴿

The dagger flew through the air before landing on the center ring of the target, not a bullseye, though. I relaxed and stood up straight, rolling the tension out of my shoulders. I looked at the other daggers hanging out of the target; only one hit the bullseye while the others surrounded it at the center. A low whistle made me turn to Rem, who stood at the door of the training room.

"Where'd you learn to throw like that?" He asked walking closer.

"I taught myself back in the forest." I walked to the target and pulled each dagger out.

"Aiming at trees?" I hummed in response. "Wanna fight?" I looked at him and saw him spinning a dagger of his own in his hand. I shrugged and we moved to the mat.

I crouched down a dagger in each hand, one facing me while the other faced him. He stood up straight, daggers hanging and facing me. He wasn't nervous or scared as he smirked at me and pounced. I dodged the first attack, spinning right and pushing his arm aside, then ducked at the second, coming up behind him and crouching back into position. He turned to face me with another smirk. "Not bad." I shrugged and focused back on the fight. He lunged forward, swiping at my head. I ducked but didn't see the second dagger until it was too late.

I hissed as it cut the skin on my arm, leaving a bleeding trail behind it. My glare did little to faze the incessant smirk on his lips. I crouched down into position, my fingers going white from the tight grip on the dagger. He launched forwards in the same motion as the last one. I stepped out of his range and slid past him, slicing at his ankle. He jumped out of the way and I backflipped away from him, feeling the strong contact against his chin. He stumbled back, gripping his wound. "Now that's not fair." He frowned while I shrugged.

"All's fair in love in war," I said crouching back down.

"You make that up yourself?" He smirked crouching this time. I shrugged to his question before launching myself at him first. It took him by surprise and he barely dodged the dagger aimed at his chin, leaving a small nick. I spun in place, bringing my arm around with my dagger pointed at him. He blocked the hit so I crouched low and spun my leg. He hopped up trying to avoid it, but as he came back from the air I stood up and held one dagger up to block his movement and another at his throat. He stopped moving and smiled at me. "Not bad at all." He winked at me. "Not great either." He said before pushing the dagger away and spinning me around, trapping me against his chest with the dagger. "You're going to have to do better than that if you want to beat Gadreel." His breath fanned my ear and I squirmed away in disgust.

"Let me go." He chuckled and complied. "Again." I crouched getting back into place.

"Don't." I heard Nix's voice echo in the training hall. I looked to the entrance to see him watching us with crossed arms. "We have work to do." He turned and walked away.

I looked at Rem but he was already walking back to where Nix was. I sighed and followed them out. I found them in Gerrard's old office, which is now Rem's. They were looking at plans on a table when they noticed me come in. "Change into that. You need to look like a maid if you're getting hired." Nx tossed me a dress and looked back down at the plans. I scowled at him but complied nonetheless and changed in another room. When I came back they were waiting for me. "Are you going to throw another tantrum?" He asked mockingly. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Excuse me if I'm having trouble dealing with the fact that I'm going to have to seduce my parent's murderer." I kept my glare on him while his eyes softened slightly, but his arms remained crossed over his chest. guarded.

"We can't afford you having trouble while you're there. No tantrums, no snarky comments, no raging psychotic attacks." He looked at me pointedly angering me further.