﴾10♦Fury﴿

I ran out of the bar and into the empty streets. I looked both ways, searching for a place to run to. My eye caught the cliff we were at in the distance, and I remembered seeing a small pond towards the right. I heard their shouting as they tried to follow me and quickly dashed towards a neighboring building. I scaled the side of the building, vaguely hearing them burst out into the street.

My fingers ached as I pushed up the brick wall. My feet nearly slipped as I took each step, searching for the right places to push into. I reached the roof and looked down at them. Nix had a look of shock with anger as he looked up at me from the ground. Axel stood indifferent next to a fuming Lydia while Rem scratched his head confused.

"Get down here you brat! Just do it! How hard is it to seduce someone! God! The whole plan is on this! Get down here!" Nix quickly covered her mouth and shushed her violently.

"Do you want the whole city to know where we are?!" Her eyes widened at her mistake and she quickly looked around.

"How'd she get up there so fast?" I heard Rem mumble in confusion. I ignored them and turned away.

I ran towards the area I saw the pond in, jumping over roofs and onto balconies, keeping up a steady pace. The first roof slowly disappeared from view and I made a mental note to where the bar was as I approached the pond.

It was much larger than from what I originally thought. Instead of the green, murky poison that the other ponds in the forest held, this one had a blue shimmer, perfectly clear. A small dock was built on the other side of the large, lake-like pond, for fishermen and tall grass surrounded like a fence. The houses circled it from a distance, as if the pond warded them away.

I slowly slipped into the pond, clothes and all, to nervous and anxious to leave my belongings without any guard. My thoughts immediately felt cleared as the chilling water reached my chest. I laid my head back onto the water bank, letting the grass cover me from view.

I knew I wasn't being unreasonable. They were asking me to seduce the man that killed my whole village, my family, friends. Destroyed them all. Granted it wasn't exactly him but he did control the men who did it. I remember the way the came in, as if they were simply passing through to get to a station farther North. The thought disgusted me.

We gave them our hospitality, thanking them for their services, only to wake up to the sound of crying and screaming as they raped the women and children forced the men to watch, as they killed everyone once they were done. I had hid in one of the trees surrounding the village, letting the tears fall silently in fear of becoming discovered.

They laughed as they burnt our homes down, as they burnt my people. I heard my mother screaming as they ripped her clothes. My father yelling and struggling to get out of their hold as they forced him to his knees and watched General Lucious take her. I watched silently from the trees.

My eyes closed out of their own accord as the tears began to fall. The vivid images burned into the back of my mind, always there to remind me of what he did. I opened my eyes and looked up at the darkening sky. The sun hiding behind the King's castle. I took a deep breath and sunk into the water, letting the peaceful silence wash over me. A shadow passed overhead and I opened my eyes to see two men taking a stroll. My head popped over the water, just enough to listen in.

"...found them hiding out in an old bar near the castle." One said, immediately making me stiffen.

"How many were there?"

"About 4. Can't believe they thought a rebellion would work. Honestly the King's got eyes everywhere."

"I heard they saw a girl screaming at the sky, that's how they found them out." My breath hitched.

Kings and Thievesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें