Inheritance

Muguet must have allowed Vent more than ten minutes, because it seemed to have been much longer than that. Still staring at each other, Vent and Aile gaped at each other with enough astonishment that could be felt all though HQ.

"You have my eyes!" they both said together. Then in unison they declared, "You have my hair!" and then "You have my clothes!!"

Vent was the first to recoil from their shock and put on a smug smirk. "My skin's darker than yours, therefore, I look more like him than you do." he bragged. Aile retaliated with an annoyed scoff.

"At least I don't butt into things like that stupid lycan!" she spat back. But then she paused and considered something for a moment. "Do you even know who we're talking about?" she asked slowly.

"Nope!" Vent declared with a shake of his head. "No clue whatsoever."

"Just like how I called you Prea..."

"And how I called you Crea."

The two then stared at each other again. "Who are you?" they both asked each other at the same time.

"Mass fire outbreak in Area G!" the announcement system suddenly declared. "All first responders are to be dispatched immediately. I repeat! Mass fire outbreak in Area G! All first responders are to be dispatched immediately."

"That's an apartment complex..." Vent said to himself. He then turned his attention to Aile. "I'm gonna see if Prairie needs help." he then told her. "A fire should be no problem for the Wind Mega Man!"

"Vent, please come see Commander Prairie immediately." the announcer then declared for them. "I repeat; Vent, please come see Commander Prairie immediately."

"I guess that solves that." Vent snickered as he started to get up. "I'll be back Aile. But first..."

Vent dug out Model Z out of his picket and handed it to Aile. She almost immediately tried to give it back. "You'll need it." she reasoned. But Vent shook his head.

"I'll just need Model H for this, I can feel it." he told her, making her cup Model Z in her hands and keeping it there. "Even if I did, I could just merge with just Model X for distance attacks. I doubt you'll do anything to Model Z while I'm gone."

"But... Giro gave him to you." Aile pointed out. "That's kinda rude."

"And I trust you to take care of him for me until I get back." Vent rebutted, making sure to be the one to laugh last. "Boss used Model Z to protect the both of us, maybe if you had been in my place, he would have tried to give Model Z to you too."

"You figure?"

"I believe it." Vent affirmed.

"Vent!" Prairie herself snapped angrily from over the speakers. Vent flinched out of habit at her voice, due to it sounding a lot like Giro's. Giving Aile a swift salute good bye, the boy rushed to the command center and presented himself to a very unhappy looking Prairie.

Vent took one look at her and put on his best, extra polite smile. "My gosh Prairie, you look so beautiful when you're angry." he said to her, almost sounding genuine.

"If you think that, I'll be pretty damn gorgeous in the next few minutes." she spat at him. Never once hearing an authority use such strong language before, Vent stood a bit straighter.

"What happened?" he then asked, starting to get into a more serious mood.

"The fire in Area G was no mistake," Prairie informed him, "It was the result of Mavericks coming in from response to a Biometal near by. I need you to help the Guardians get everyone out of that apartment building and track down the Biometal. Got it?"