Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2:

I lean in and I feel his warm breath against my lips. It becomes intoxicating as he looks at me with his brilliant green eyes as if he's asking my permission. Instead of answering him, I lean in even closer and press my lips against his soft ones. His body freezes for a moment, shocked, but then he begins to deepen the kiss. He places his hands on my waist and I push myself toward him even more. I really couldn't get enough of him. The rain pours down covering us, soaking me from head to toe; I break the kiss off and stare past him and into the night sky.

Best first kiss ever. I think to myself.

I can't keep the smile off of my face as Luca gently reaches for my hand and leads me into his house. Instantly I smell wonderful food coming from the kitchen where I can hear his mom cooking.

Luca smiles at me kindly and leads me toward his room, getting us dry clothes to wear.

"So..." I start awkwardly. I really don't know where that kiss set us. I don't know whether we're still friends or something more.

"Here Gene," he tosses me one of his white T-shirts and a pair of his boxers; I catch them and walk off to the bathroom to change. I stare at myself in the mirror for what seems to be a long time. My eyes were shining and my lips were a bit swollen from the make-out session we had in his front yard. I yank off the wet clothes that were sticking to my body and put on the comfortable T-shirt and boxers that Luca gave to me. I walk out only to see him in his sweat pants and shirtless. I admire the six pack that he has and look away blushing before he notices me checking him out.

"Are you hungry?" Luca asks, while shrugging a shirt on. Before I can respond, my stomach rumbles loudly resurfacing the memory of only having eaten stale sour dough bread four days ago. He chuckles and takes me downstairs to the dining room where his mom is setting up the table. She smiles at me warmly then she notices what I'm wearing and gives Luca a knowing look, I blush and look away.

"Do you need any help?" I ask her. She shakes her head and smiles kindly again.

"Actually you can help, but not for a few years. I'm too young now, but you see I've always wanted gr-,"

"Mom!" Luca cuts his mom off before she was able to finish her sentence; I wonder what she was going to say.

"Luca honey, just be safe okay?" Luca's face turns the lightest shade of red. I try to hide my giggle, but Luca obviously hears me because his face turns even redder.

After an amazing dinner of roast beef, Luca and I go back up to his bedroom and get ready to go to bed. There's an awkward silence and that just confuses me even more about our current friendship status.

"Luca," he looks up in my direction, "So, where are we now, like that kiss, it was...amazing, but now I'm more confused than anything else, so how about we just forget the whole thing didn't happen, okay? Can we go back to being friends and nothing more?" While I was saying those words my heart broke a little, I want to be his girlfriend, but at the same time we would be ruining our years of friendship just because of my silly little crush. It just isn't worth it in the end. Luca nods, his face is emotionless. I might be wrong, but I thought I saw a flash of hurt cross his eyes.

"Sure," he responds, "friends."

When those words come out of his mouth, I feel like I was going to cry. I can't just be friends with him, but at the same time I can't be more than his friend either. I sigh and crawl into his bed.

"Even if we're just friends, will you sleep with me?" I blush as I realize how that must have sounded, "Not like that, but- uh, umm you know sleep, er, next to me? Not do anything else of course," I stutter trying to find the right words.

Luca chuckles at me, "Of course Gem."

I smile and snuggle in next to him. I fall asleep quickly and hope for a dreamless night.

I wake up a couple hours later and peek over at Luca sleeping soundly next to me. I check the clock, 4:00 a.m. I smile to myself. This was one of the best nights of sleep that I've had in a while. Usually I wake up earlier than this to yelling and screaming coming from my drunken foster parents on the cold hard tile of the kitchen floor.

I sit up and get out of the bed without waking Luca up. I go downstairs and sit on the front porch allowing the soft wind cool off the heat that gets to me whenever I was around Luca. I sit and hum quietly to myself as I stare up at the sparkling stars in the sky.

"AAAAHHH!" I hear a piercing scream and I'm surprised to know that it's mine. Hands cover my mouth and I'm soon dragged toward the forest behind Luca's family's house. The kidnapper drags me making me stumble and fall every once in a while, what the heck is going on here?

"Please, please stop, I can't run anymore," I pant and say each word as loud as I possibly could. The kidnapper stops and nods, keeps a hold of my wrist, but allows me to sit down a log nearby.

"Who are you, and what do you want with me?" I ask.

"My name is Liam, and I need to protect you, do you trust me?" He asks me with his velvet voice and sincere hazel eyes.

"You kidnap me, drag me away from my friends, make me run, and you want to know if I trust you? Well the answer is-," I hesitate. His eyes look familiar as if I've seen him before. From my past maybe? The way he acts is gentleman like, can I trust him? Yeah, weirdly enough every bone in my body is telling me that I can trust this complete stranger.

"The answer is what Genevieve?" He says in that sexy voice of his.

Oh, shut up Genevieve! I tell myself. How the hell does he know my name? I don't remember telling it to him.

"The answer is.... no?" It comes out in the form of a question. The way his eyes glisten and his eyebrow raise tells me that he doesn't quite believe me. I sigh.

"We should get going, we have a long way ahead of us Princess," he says. Princess? Where did that come from? I don't have time to ask because soon he tugs me along and we continue running off deeper and deeper into the woods. Something about this guy though makes him seem like I know him, it makes me want to trust him, and that is very, very stupid.

Gene, there is a rule and it's don't trust the man that's kidnapping you! Goodness, sometimes I worry about myself.

YAY! Chapter 2 is DONE! Team Luca or Team Liam? or is it too soon to tell? Hmmm..... haha anyways where do you think Liam is taking her? Whats going to HAPPEN?? Well the next chapter is in the hands of Eleanor sooo.... if it sucks blame her -_____- hahaha just kidding:)

COMMENT. VOTE. FAN!

<3

KBabes:) xoxo