My Brother's In Love With My Best Friend?...But, He's Gay!{Chapter 13}

Chapter 13

Ten minutes of agonizing silence. Ten minutes of thinking the worse. Ten minutes that seemed to drag on forever. Then a doctor came to us anf pulled his mask down. He had a grin on his face.

"Would you like to see your baby girl?" He asked Paul. Paul nodded and we all went into a private room were Cassie and the baby were waiting. Paul gave Cassedee a quixk kiss and held out his hands for the baby.

"What's her name?" I asked the proud new Parents.

"Uhm, I don't know." Paul replied. He looked down at Cassedee and nodded.

"Her name is Rose." Cass said as she looked at me.

"Really!? You Naming her after me?" I grinned and they nodded.

Paul handed me the Baby.

"Happy birhtday Rose." Cassie said to me.

"Happy birthday Rose." I said to the baby.

)(three days later)(

Cass went to go put the baby down for a nap. I sat down at the table and grabbed a slice of pizza. Chyna came over to me and took a smal bute out of it. I ate it anyways. :)

"Paul!" Cassedee screamed from the spare room. He ran to her.

"ROSE!" Paul Screamed for me. I got up and rushed into the room. Cassie was on the floor. Unconcious. We put the baby in the carseat and drove Cassie to the hospital. We waited in the waiting room with Donovan until the doctor came out with a grim look on his face. It was the same doctor who had delivered Rose.

"I'm afraid to say, she doesn't have long left." He said. Then he led us down a long corridor that went to her room. We all went in to see her. She was awake at the moment.

"Hey you guys!" She smiled. I tried to force a smile out. Paul went over to her and hugged her and kissed her. Donovan sat there silently with the baby's carseat in one hand.

"Rose. Come give me a hug." She motioned towards me.

"If you don't have long to live, live it, right? So then cheer up guys. As long as I'm still here I want everyone to be happy." We all smiled at her. After a while of us all talking the nurse came in and told us that we had to leave the room so she could get her rest but we could stay in the waiting room and Rose could stay in the nursery. We agreed to do that and spent the night in the waiting room with other family's. If only this weren't happening to this sweet girl. She was only 18. How could she have lost her life already.

She always belived that everything happens for a reason, and that everyone lives for a purpose. And when someone has done what they need to in life then they die because there is no longer a need for them. I always thought she was just crazy. But think about it. She had Rose, and now she is dying. Maybe that was her purpose in life. To find love and to give us the gift of her child.

Around one in the morning Paul woke me up.

"What?" I whispered, so as to not wake up anyone else sleeping here.

"She...She's gone." He said in a shattered voice. I shot up and looked at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked, thinking he was just playing a joke on me.

"She died Rose. They just told me. Then they handed me this note and told me that she wanted us to go home and read it together. All of us." Tears started to fall down his face and they wre dimly light by the soft light of the nurses station at the far corner of the waiting room. His voice shook at the last word. He pulled me into a hug that lasted for an eternity.