Chapter 18- You

"Wow. I...how are you?"

After a while of no answer Parker decides to do it for her..

"She's been doing fine. Hi, I'm Parker."

"Oh hi. Hi! I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude, I'm Taron." he reaches his hand out to Parker who takes it and says

"Nice to meet you Taron."

"Are you guys here together?"

"Yes." Adalyn spoke up. Taron lights up before he registers her answer

"Oh, so you guys are together?"

"No." she answers again, not meeting his eyes.

"Actually, I'm with Thomas." Parker added.

"Oh. Great. Great."

"Great." Adalyn adds taking a step away from him.

"How is he? How's Thomas and everyone?" He looks from Parker to Ady. He always was good at not making anyone feel left out.

"Umm, we were just leaving actually so..." She takes another step back.

"Oh. Yeah, no I'm actually waiting on Alex."

"Well Okay b..."

"Adalyn, wait." He reaches out his hand to touch her arm gently.

"Adalyn?! Hey!" Alex comes up behind her picking her up and spinning her around.

"How are you? How's life over here? It's so beautiful right? I want to move here now." And he cracks a smile when he see's Taron is here.

"Hi Alex. I'm fine thanks, yeah it really is."

"My sister told me she lands tomorrow and you're picking her up?"

"Laurel?" Taron asks, Ady looks at him then back at Alex ignoring his question but answering Alex's.

"Yeah, 9:30am. She didn't know if you would be here by then since you were driving."

"You still got her or do you need me to pick her up?"

"No, no I got her, Thomas is picking up Riley and her future husband Nolan tomorrow afternoon. Everyone is staying over my place, you're welcome to as well I have plenty of room. The night before the Wedding the boys are getting a hotel room, you in on that?"

"Yeah I already booked my room and Liams he should be here by then."

"Riley is getting married ? Here?"

"Yeah, didn't we tell you that's why we were visiting man?"

"Visiting?" Adalyn ask's

"Taron moved here awhile ago."

"oh."

"What are the odds of that ey?" Alex adds bumping her shoulder with his playfully.

"Yeah. Oh, look here comes Thomas, we better be getting home now..."

"Wow, a lot happened since I was gone." Thomas says heading straight to Taron.

"Taron, stranger. My man. They filled you in on the wedding plans, you joining?" Thomas had always been a light drinker and it was showing now.

"They told me about it yes. I don't know if Riley was meaning to invite me, but if she's okay with it, I'll be there." He looks over at Adalyn who looks away.

"I'll make sure you get an invite. Taron this is Parker, my boyfriend."

"We've met, but Hi again Parker." Taron smiled, getting a bit more relaxed, Thomas had that effect on situations, he could always diffuse any awkward or tense conversation. Sometimes even with his beautiful smile. Which at this moment Adalyn was starting to hate.