Chapter 13 Or so she thought.

Around a month had past, Taron and Ady hung out plenty of times, but when they couldn't due to work and school they kept in constant contact. Laurel had already gone back to Arizona, but Adalyn kept in contact with her as well. They had really hit it off, talk of a trip up to Arizona was in the works as well. Adalyn had been invited to an Egerton Birthday party and this time brought along  Chloe which delighted Taron's God daughter. Taron had met her family while picking up Chloe and they seemed delighted with him. Although they hadn't really made anything official, they were practically dating. 

 It was an early Sunday morning barely past eight am and after a few text's from Ady, Taron had decided to meet up with her while she did a little grocery shopping at the local farmers market, like she did often.

She was looking at honey Jars (Riley and Thomas would kill  her if she didn't come home with one) when

"Adalyn? Is that you?"

Adalyn didn't have to turn to know who's voice it was.

"Hi, Luke." Adalyn said turning around and giving him a death stare until she noticed his  hand around a pretty girl with dark black  hair in a sundress.

"How have you been?"

"What are you doing here?" she said sharply

"Doctor told me I had to eat a little more healthy" the girl said answering for Luke then resting her hands on her belly. 

HER BELLY? wtf?

"Oh yeah, Hi! I'm Ashley, I'm Luke's fiance."

"Oh Really." She says looking at Luke who starts to sweat.

"Yeah, gonna get married real soon actually. We want to before this little bugger comes along."

"Little bugger, aww. How many months are you?" sarcastic tone.

"Going on 7 now."

"7 Months Luke? Wow."

"Am I not getting something?" Ashley said looking over at Luke.

"It's just ..." Luke started to say when he was interrupted by

"Hey beautiful!" Taron had arrived right next to Adalyn

"Hey." She said feeling a bit of re-leaf .

"Oh hey, sorry if I interrupted. I'm Taron, nice to meet you."

He said shaking both of their hands; Luke looking him over.

"So how is pregnancy going for you while in medical school?"

"How did you kn... (she clasped her hand over her mouth) Adalyn. You're Adalyn."

Ashley said looking embarrassed.

"Yeup, thee Adalyn. Wow Luke 7 month's pregnant. We haven't been broken up that long. Goes to show you how much of a man you truly are eeyy" She said pushing his shoulder lightly.

then turning to look at Ashley while Taron put the pieces together.

"And you, honestly I could say a lot of things to you, but I'm just gonna give you some advice. Are you ready darling? Once a cheater ALWAYS a cheater. Now please both of you get the fuck out of my sight!" She said waving them away."

They looked at each other then Luke took Ashley by the waist as she started to cry and moved her out of sight. 

When Adalyn was sure they were gone she collapsed on a chair by the honey stand and started to lightly cry.

Taron bent down next to her while putting a hand on her back, soon her tears turned into a laugh and she looked up at Taron.

"I'm sorry you had to see that."

"It's ok."

"Yeah, no. Wow, I was a horrible person. I made a pregnant lady cry." She laughs again.

"Yeah, you did." Taron says smiling at her laugh.

"Ugh. Ok, I'm good now. I really need to finish shopping of else my evil roommates will kill me."

"Okay." Taron says standing up.

"I know I owe you an explanation." Ady said paying the man behind the Honey stand for a jar.

"That was your business. I don't have to know if you don't want me too."

Adalyn looks at him and smiles.

"You make it so easy."

"Make what so easy?" Taron ask's taking her hand in his as they walk towards another stand, this one filled with carrots. Adalyn stops walking and turns to look at him again before saying.

"existing." 

she starts to walk again.

She ends up telling Taron everything. About how she met Luke in high school, how they had been together, what he had done to her, why she went off earlier today when she saw them. She filled up her three grocery bags with fruits and veggies and other homemade stuff they were selling that day at the market while talking to Taron. He helps her put everything into her car and there standing by her cad door is when he says.

"Wanna come over?" 

"I would, but I can't. I have to take all of this back to the house."

"So then your place?" He says tugging at her shirt.

She smiles and says "Meet you there: before going in for a kiss, giving his lip a quick pull before jumping into her car all before he had any chance to react. She leaves him standing there smiling as she drives off.