Chapter 39

Carter's POV

"Taylor has come out of surgery, and we were able to save her leg. But the bad news is that when we tried to bring her out of the anesthesia, she wouldn't wake up. Her body seemed to have a negative reaction to it. We wouldn't say she's in a coma, but if she doesn't wake up in 24 hours, that's what we'll have to classify it as."

The doctors words seem surreal- on one hand, I'm relieved they saved her leg. But, if she goes into a coma- I've heard if people staying on coma's for years. What if she never comes out.

Calm down Carter, she could wake up any second now. They didn't even say she's in a coma.

"Can I see her?" I ask.

"Of course. I'll take you to her room. Just follow me," the doctor says soothingly.

She can tell how upset I am. I make a mental note to put in a good review for her after this is all over.

The doctor opens the door for me, and points.

"Whenever you're ready."

I take a deep breath, and enter the room.

Taylor is lying in the hospital bed, her blanket neatly placed over her. Her arms are above the blankets, and folded on her lap. I guess the doctors are all about presentation.

I sit myself in the chair beside her, and take her hand.

"Taylor, if you can hear me... please wake up. Or just give me a sign that you can hear me," I whisper, feeling a lump rise to my throat.

No, I refuse to cry. I am not going to act like a girl.

And while I'm having a mental argument with myself, Taylor's eyes flutter open.

"Where's Ezhno," she croaks, her voice barely audible.

A/N

Sorry it's so short!!! But at least it was two chapters in one day! Thanks for reading my lovelies.

And if I don't update for the next day or two, it's because I'm in a hip hop group, and we have a performance on Saturday. (Yes I dance hip hop. And yes, I am terrible at it. But at least I have fun=])

Goodnight my lovelies!