Chapter 21

Hanging on my bathroom door is the green dress from the mall. A pair of matching, green strappy heels sit on the floor under the dress.

I jump up and down with uncontainable excitement, and give Joy and Serenity both bear hugs.

When I pull away, I run up to the dress, and lift it up looking at all of the details.

"Oh my gosh, how did you even get this?" I ask.

"That's for us to know, and you not to find out," Joy chimes.

I roll my eyes, and laugh, "Well I guess I don't care, it's not important."

"Go try it on," Serenity demands.

"I already tried it on in the store. Plus, don't we need to go help Corrine get ready for tonight," I ask. The rodeo is over, and I can see through my window most of the people are gone, and volunteers are cleaning up the barnyard.

"No, we don't. Corrine told me that the volunteers can handle it, and we should just have fun today."

"But-"

"Just go try the dress on." a Joy playfully snaps.

I take the dress and shoes into the bathroom, and shut the door. I pull off my jeans and my long sleeved, button up red and white checkered shirt, and pull the dress on. I can't quite reach the zipper, so I ignore it. I slip on the heels, and adjust them to my feet.

I'm about to go show them, when I notice light glittering off of something on the counter.

A necklace. A beautiful, emerald necklace is sitting on the counter.

I tentatively place it around my neck, and glance at myself in the mirror.

I take a sharp intake of breath when I see my reflection- I look... regal, almost like a princess.

I walk our of the bathroom, and before Joy or Serenity can comment, I turn my back to them.

"Zip me up," I demand. One of them does, and then I turn around so they can see.

"What do you think," I ask, smiling.

"You look drop dead gorgeous," Joy laughs. Serenity nods in agreement, a silly smile on her face.

My lips tug upward into a smile, and I'm sure my eyes are dancing.

"I was thinking I could pull my hair into a right bun at the back of my head, and curl the tendrils," I say, mostly to myself.

"That would be so pretty," Serenity agrees.

"Well, you two go get your dresses, and we'll get started," I suggest.

----------------------

I look at myself in the mirror for the last time, and take a deep breath.

Carter is waiting just outside the cottage, waiting for me. I wonder what he'll think.

I nervously go to the door, take one more breath, and turn the doorknob.

I walk to the edge of the porch, and see that Carter has his back turned to me. I don't think he hear me come put.

"Ahem," I cough, catching his attention.

He turns his head towards me, and if I didn't know better, I'd say his mouth drops. I laugh at him, but he ignores my amused sound.

"Taylor, you look... beautiful."

I look at him, and notice he's wearing a tux. I can't lie, he looks great in it.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I reply, smiling.

I walk down the porch steps, and Carter takes my hand. We start to walk towards the building where the gala will be held. I've never been inside before, apparently it's only used for big events.

"Carter- when are we leaving," I slowly ask. His face turns thoughtful for a moment, before he answers.

"Whenever you want. As of Wednesday, I have graduated high school," he replies.

"Wow. Well, I may as well have graduated, seeing as I'm not going to get to finish high school."

"Maybe you will."

"Doubtful."

He doesn't push the subject, and I'm thankful for that.

"So, what have you been up to," he asks.

"We'll get to that later, but right now, we have a Gala to attend," I whisper, as we enter the building.

The doors open at the top of a grand staircase, which seems to be lined with gold, although it's probably fake. A chandelier hangs from the ceiling, illuminating the room, along with many ornate lighting fixtures.

The greatest feature, however, is the dancing area. People spin around the dance floor, a colorful collage of magnificent dresses. It's the most grandeur thing I've ever seen.

Carter slinks his arm around my waist, and I his. I suddenly become very aware that I'm in heels, and quickly develop a fear of tripping, embarrassing myself in front of what seems like thousands of people, although it's more like 300-400.

As if sensing my fear, Carter whispers in my ear, "I've got you."

"Don't let me fall," is all I reply.

And I trust him enough to know he won't.

A/N

Sorry I took so long with this one! What do you think?

Random Question :

What's your favorite season?

Mine is winter! I love the cold! unfortunately, I now live in a place where it's always hot. I used to live I'm Germany, where there were warm summers and freezing winters, and I LOVED it! Now I never see snow =[

Anyways, goodnight my lovelies!

Outfit on side! (I know I've put the dress before but in case you forgot what it looks like!)