Chapter 33

Taylor's POV

"Taylor Evans- you are not completely off the hook. You will complete 50 hours of community service, you will go back to high school and graduate with at least a 3.0, and you will have to get a job to pay back all of the damages from your destructive actions. You won't be going back to your old foster mother, and I think you'll be pleased with your new, permanent home. I have a letter right here written by your parents months before they died. It specifies that they want you put in custody of an old family friend- I believe you are familiar with the Stone's?"

Of course I am- that's Carter's family. I can't help the enormous grin that spreads across my face at this amazing news.

"If you follow all of these requirements, you are free to go, Taylor Evans."

I look up to Trenton, and whisper a question in his ear that's been in my mind since the moment the police found me.

"Your honor, my client would like to know what will happen to her horse if it is ever found," Trenton asks for me.

"Before the case today, I did some research on the horses previous owner. He is a horse abuser, he recently beat a horse to death, sadly. So the horse won't be returned to him ever again, as he is in jail. But I have located a horse sanctuary at which the horse can permanently reside," the judge states.

"No," I shout, tears welling up in my eyes. I can't lose Ezhno, no I love that horse to much.

"Control your client Trenton! The sanctuary is owned by Mr. and Mrs. Stone, so I believe you'll approve," the judge chuckles.

Did I hear that right? Did he say Carter's family gets Ezhno? Oh. My. God. That's the best news I've ever heard.

"We accept your ruling," Trenton laughs wholeheartedly.

"Good. Well if there are no more questions- court is dismissed," the judge announces, banging his gavel.

I sit in shock for a moment, before standing and turning towards Carter.

His giant smile mirrors mine, and I run to him, throwing my arms around his neck. He lifts me up, and spins me around.

I press my forehead to his when he puts me down, and whisper, "We won!"

"I told you we would," he chuckles.

I really want to kiss him right now, but his parents are standing right there, and I don't want to embarrass him.

I guess I can wait- we have all the time in the world.

----------

We pull into the driveway at his house, and I smile at the sight. It's only been a few days since I was here, but it feels like it's been a lifetime.

The smell of horses that greets me when I hop out of the truck comforts me. But it also makes me miss Ezhno.

Ezhno- I need to find him.

"Carter- we need to look for Ezhno," I fervently say.

"We will, Taylor. But you need to eat. You haven't eaten anything but prison food for the past two days," he sighs.

The emptiness in my stomach tells me he's right. Let's just say, Stabby Joe and friends don't have the best diet ever.

He walks me into the house, and pulls out a chair for me to sit in.

"What do you want," he asks, rummaging through the cabinet.

"Whatever takes the least amount of time- I'm starving," I laugh.

He pulls out a box of Mac and cheese, and starts to boil a pot of water. Then he sits down across from me.

"I was really worried for a while there," he mumbles.

"But you told me it was all going to work out," I say questioningly.

"That was so you wouldn't freak out! But I was terrified Taylor!"

"You lied to me," I gasp mockingly, feigning horror.

He laughs, and kisses my forehead.

I notice little bubbles in the pot behind him.

"Waters boiling," I announce.

---------------

After I eat, we head out to the barn.

I look up to the sky, and to my horror see dark storm clouds. Please, god don't rain. Ezhno's scared of water.

"Who are you riding," Carter asks.

"I- I don't know," I reply truthfully. It feels weird riding any horse that isn't Ezhno.

"Well, when you figure it out, tack up," he laughs lightheartedly.

I see him leading Chester out of his stall. He clips him onto the cross ties, and starts tacking up. Within a few minutes, he's ready to go.

As soon as Carter leads his horse out, and mounts Chester, I run out beside him.

Without thinking, I jump up in his horse behind him.

"When we find Ezhno, I want to be able to ride him back- I don't want to have to tie him up to another horse," I explain.

"Alright- just don't fall off," Carter mutters.

"I don't think it's possible for me to fall off- have I not told you horses are in my blood," I laugh.

"Multiple times," he replies, chuckling. "Are you ready?"

I nod, and slink my arms around his waist, so I have something to hold on to.

With that, Carter nudges Chester in the side, and we take off galloping into the forest.

I pray to god we find my horse.

A/N

Okay, sorry I didn't update last night like I said I would, but I was so tired!

How did you like the chapter? happy about the outcome?

No random question today, I can't think of one, lol.

Thanks for reading my lovelies, you guys are awesome.