Killer Imagination

"Hey baby" John Perkins said to his girlfriend of over two years Liz Fontenot. Liz smiled at him. John was tall with black hair that swooped right above his eye brows and peircing blue eyes. "Want a ride home?" He asked. Liz nodded and they went to his small Honda. They got in the car and John leaned over kissing Liz quickly on the lips making her cheeks get rosey red even after all this time.  

"Let's go get some ice cream. It's almost summer for you. I'm so glad I already graduated." Liz laughed a little then started playing with then ends of her red flat hair.  

"Hun, you know I'm on a diet."  

"Why?! Sweetie you are perfect how you are! You don't need to be on a diet!"  

"Mom doesn't think so. She counts every single calorie I put in my body." Liz said quietly. John groaned. He didn't like Liz's mother, but he put up with her to be with Liz.  

"We are getting ice cream. That's final Missy. I won't tell, I promise." John winked at her and he began out of the school parking lot.  

John drove down the long dirt road to the small ice cream shop only a few people knew of. On the way there Liz looked up at the dark clouds rolling over the sky. "Is it about to rain?" John looked and started speeding up so to make it to the ice cream shop before the rain. But, half way there, the skies opened up.  

Liz looked out the window. She had always dreamed of kissing a boy in the rain. But, she was too shy to tell John about this dream. John sighed loudly. "What?" Liz asked. Suddenly, John slammed on his breaks and threw his car into park. The rain was coming down hard as he opened his door and ran around to the front of the car. What was he doing? He got to her door and threw it open. The rain began coming into the car getting her soaking wet. "Liz I've always waited for the perfect girl and perfect moment to do this." He leaned over and kissed Liz hard on the lips. She kissed him back.  

After a while, when they seperated for only a second, John managed. "I've always wanted to kiss the perfect girl in the rain. Liz you are perfect. I love you." Liz giggled as her heart fluttered and they began kissing again. It was perfect.  

Suddenly, a loud crack of lightening. She saw bright lights like head lights. They heard brakes failing to stop a truck against the wet earth. They both looked up to see a huge truck jack knifing toward the small Honda. Suddenly, the truck began to tumble. John grabbed Liz's arm and Liz screamed. John threw her out of the car just in time. She didn't look back, all she heard was cruntching metal.  

Liz sat up panting and in a cold sweat. She looked for her left and saw John alseep in bed next to her. He exhaled with relief. "Another bad dream babe?" John muttered, half-asleep. Liz nodded and laid back down next to her boyfriend. He wrapped her in his arms and they fell back alseep.  

At 7 that morning Liz's alarm woke her up. She was alone in bed. John had left. She understood though. If Mom caught them in bed together, even though they hadn't had sex, she would assume the worst. Liz got out of bed and took a shower in her small bathroom. She put on her blue jean shorts and her favoirte pink t-shirt. With converse on her feet she went to her car. She drove to the local park.  

There, she saw her love's car parked. When he saw her drive up, he hopped out of his car and into her's, grinning. "Where to today?" He asked kissing her cheek. She giggled and began to back out of the park. "Ice Cream." She wanted a nice memory of ice cream instead of her nightmare.  

John and Liz talked until she began on the back road. John seemed to get really nervous. "What's wrong baby?" Liz asked.  

"Why are we taking this road Liz?"  

"I don't know. Just the way I came."  

" We should take the main road."  

"Why?"