Rubys are a gay's best friend!

As much as I had enjoyed the last couple of days, I decided it was time to go home. It was nearly Christmas and I had a million and one presents to wrap and was due to be at work the following days. I assured Stuart I didn't want to go, but explained that, without me, my family would be on the brink of destruction. I'd have arguments to mediate, fashion disasters to correct, computers to fix... All the usual problems that they'd need me for.

Stuart reluctantly agreed to let me go but insisted I stayed for breakfast. In bed. It's like I say; it's better to be an older man's princess than a younger man's slave. Okay, he's only five years older, but it still counts!

"Mamu! I'm baaack!" I called, stepping through the front door. I glanced at my phone, but pouted at the absence of a text. I had been away half an hour and already wished I hadn't left.

I found my mother in the kitchen, drinking what was no doubt her hundredth coffee of the morning and watching Jeremy Kyle. She pushed out the chair nearest hers at the table and told me to sit down.

Uh-oh, I thought, what did I do?

"Come on then," she grinned, "Tell me all about him!"

"Oh! Well, he's the chef at work. Stuart... He's older, but only by a few years. He has a house, a car, he's in a band and he's pretty!"

That was him in a nutshell! Of course, he's kind and thoughtful, sweet and loving, all the things you look for inside a man, but the physical would suffice for now. Mum seemed satisfied, but I knew she wanted more. Before she could bombard me with more questions, I ran upstairs followed by my dog.

I have a Patterjack! A Patterdale crossed with a Jack Russell. Well, my dad's convinced that she's part cat but that's just silly. She came to us with a name that I didn't feel needed changing - Ruby - although I tend to use my nickname for her more often.

"Dooby! Watch yourself!" I laughed as she headbutted the top step and almost tumbled back down. Scooping her up, I carried her to my room, almost falling myself as she attempted to lick my eyeball. I love her, but she can be so needy!

I started my homecoming by reunorganising my room. I could tell my Mamu had been in there and moved things about. One of my pet hates, that. I checked my shelves to make sure nothing was missing and found everything in its place. My Skylanders arranged in order of favourites, all my Final Fantasy games ordered and present, and my Pokemon goodies were never touched anyway...

Yes, I'm may be twenty-one, but on the inside I'm still five! I think that's what makes me so lovable.

I played with Ruby a little before putting her on my bed so I could check my emails, Wattpad and eBay. That was when my phone went off, making me scream a little bit. When I was over my mini heart attack, I checked to see if it was Stuart. It wasn't

"Hey, doormat! WUU2?" the text read.

"Just about to wrap some pressies... Why?" I replied.

"Oh! Just wondered! Have fun! =P"

"Random," I spoke aloud, tossing my phone on my bed. I didn't feel the need to reply to that one. Besides, I had way too much to do.

Confused, I opened my eyes slowly. I was face down on my bed, face covered in drool, and could feel a slight weight on my back. I had fallen asleep! Wiggling my bum a little, I tried to figure out what manner of thing was on my back. A high-pitched yawn confirmed my suspicions, and I buried my head as Ruby tried to lick my face off.

"No, Doobs," I mumbled into my duvet, "No kisses, please! Go get Rudolph."

The assault stopped and I heard Ruby jump from my bed. The following squeaking confirmed she had retrieved her new toy. I had gotten her a stuffing-less Rudolph teddy to keep her amused and to reduce the requirement of me having to give her constant attention.

I eased myself from the bed and mopped my face with my sleeve, praying I hadn't sleep-salivated at Stuart's. Ruby ran to my bedroom door and span around a few times. She needed to go to the toilet, which wasn't a completely bad idea. I let her out and followed her downstairs.

"I came to ask you something but you were fast asleep," Mamu smiled, "Not get much at Stuarts?"

What is it with everyone thinking I'm a right man-whore?

"Not really," I smirked, deciding to play along, "We were at it all night and-"

"Okay, enough!"

Mwuahahahaaa! I'm a genius! I thought, then asked, "Where is everyone?"

She told me Aimee, my sister, was next door, Jake, my brother, was in his room as per usual, and my Dad was out with his dog, Flossie. She's a beast, though we aren't sure what breed of beast. We took her on, as her original owner was quite old and going a bit doolally, and was told she was a cross between an American Pitbull and a Mastiff. How true it is, we don't know; we've been told she looks like a bazillion different breeds!

I poured myself a drink and sat down. As I reached for the TV guide, my sleeve retracted and my wrist became visible. That was a bad thing. Veeery bad indeed...

"What's that?" my Mamu asked, grabbing my wrist for a closer look. Uh-ohs!

------------------------------------

Hey-hey!!

chocobonanza here! Well, Lee to you lot!

Thank you for following this story - but I hope you know what's going on because I certainly don't  >_<

Now... The wrist... What is it? you ask...

That part is up to you! Time for a VOTE!!

In a comment, tell me if you think it should be:

A} a bruise (from the fight with the Ex)

B} restraint marks (naughty, naughty... *wink wink*)

C} a tattoo (would be my first! Gimme suggestions what of and why!)

D} Other (WHAT? WHAT?! TELL MEEE!)

I just decided that I'd put that in, though I don't know what it's gonna be yet  ¬_¬

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

xLx

p.s. that  pic over yonder  >>>>>>>>>>>  is my Ruby Dooby-Doo!  ^_^