A pinch of 'yay' with a dollop of 'ouch'!

I arrived at the train station at 14:00, as instructed, but Stuart was nowhere to be seen. So I waited... And waited... Pffft... Men! Finally, at 14:03, a man dressed in a blue Puffa jacket (cute!), grey skinny jeans (great legs!), blue Converse (nice!) and shades - yes, shades in Winter - walked towards me.

"Hi!" the stranger grinned. I'd know that smile anywhere.

"Stuart! You look waaay different out of your work clothes!"

"Hello to you, too," he laughed, "You ready to shop?"

I jumped and punched the air, displaying my enthusiasm. Then my epic hopelessness as I landed and slipped on the ice, crashing on my backside. Brill.

"You okay?" Stuart asked, stooping to retrieve a crimson me from the floor, trying his hardest not to laugh. I mumbled a reply and stood, with his help, rubbing my sore bottom. I'd love to say he helped with that, too, but sadly... Sigh.

So off we went, working our way around the shops; me looking for things for my best friend and Stuart buying for the family. It was going well, surprisingly. We found a few bargains, some immense new shoes for me - I say every two presents for others deserves a treat for yourself - and I hadn't hurt myself. A rather triumphant afternoon thus far.

At about half three, we decided to stop at the coffee shop for a nice warm drink. Stuart had some weird coffee but I stuck with what I knew; hot chocolate, two sugars, no cream, extra sprinkles. We sat and talked about life and shopping, and I think I even slipped penguins in there at some point, and generally had a laugh. It felt amazing being this close to him and actually being able to string a sentence together. And not hurt myself. Or do something stupid. Or get attacked by bugs. It happens!

After a while, one of the staff approached us with a camera. He asked if he could take a picture for their 'Christmas Customers' photo board. We agreed and smiled for the camera, me risking moving a little closer. Stuart actually put his arm around me, making my heart skip a little, but I remained calm. Sort of.

"You okay there?" the photo-man asked, looking at me. Confused, I nodded, "You just look a little uncomfortable, that's all. Oh! I get it. Let's take one for the 'Christmas Couples' board instead."

"Wha-" I stuttered, glancing at Stuart, who was now grinning insanely at me. Before I had chance to finish my sentence he cupped my chin in his hand, pulled me closer, and planted his lips on mine as the camera flashed.

My mind was racing. What was going on? Stuart had just kissed me! Without warning, his tongue parted my lips and the kiss grew deeper. My heart was hammering, threatening to burst from my chest, but his warmth was so inviting. I kissed back, harder. In the throes of passion we almost forgot we were in public and I quickly pulled away, gasping for breath. Sexy!

"Sorry!" Stuart blurted, "I didn't mean it to go that far. I just thought it'd be funny, you know?"

"Funny?" I snapped, a little too bluntly than I meant, "To kiss a gay guy for a picture, then eat his face, then tell him it was for a laugh? Hilarious!"

I stood up, getting a little head-rush and nearly falling, and stormed out of the coffee place leaving Stuart stunned. I stomped up the highstreet and lit a cigarette to calm down. I hated him! Okay, maybe I didn't hate him, but I wasn't happy. Well, part of me was; happy that he'd kissed me. The rest of me was pissed off. Why kiss me if it meant nothing? I know he doesn't know I like him, but still, there's always the chance I would, which he'd realise if he owned a mirror!

"Lee! I'm sorry! Wait there," I heard him call from somewhere behind me. I span on my heel just in time for him to collide with me, knocking me breathlessly to the ground.

"Shit," I heard him say, before my eyes fluttered closed.