Chapter 22: A Walking Cliché

Hey, lovely people (: Check out makemeover's "Hitched to Mr. Jackass". I always get super excited when it updates. I absolutely love it and it really deserves more reads than it has <3 And, it just got super exciting. So check it out. 

Now.

NOW.

You know, if you want ;)

Song to the side is Heart by Heart By Demi Lovato. Ignore any typos and weird mistakes, enjoy the chapter! 

* * * * * *

The rest of the week went in a daze, and before I knew it, school was back in play. After staying much longer than necessary at the beach – thanks to Adrian's ability to distract me for more than an hour with his amazing ability to kiss – we were able to return home.

The consequences weren't as harsh; not as harsh as the bone crushing hugs that I was enveloped in when I walked through the front door. Thomas was long gone – banned by my angry father and a very near-ready to kill Emma and Kelly. Suffice to say, I was touched by their extreme hate for Thomas that they would throw him out for my sensitivity. They objected, of course, claiming that what he said was rude and that I had every right to be angry.

The tension in the air was immediately crushed when my mom burst through the kitchen with a plate of pie. 

The powers of pie were indescribable. Especially for my father.

I remained quiet through the rest of Thanksgiving dinner with the night on the beach replaying in my mind. 

I wasn't going to give up on Adrian and I just yet. The way I felt when Adrian's lips met mine were a clear indication that I couldn't just let go of the feelings I had for him. The firm grip on my hips, soft moans, and gentle but urgent way his lips moved with mine was enough to drive me mad.

The toe-curling, butterfly rampage, spark flying moment was my cheesy first kiss on the beach, and I wasn't afraid to admit that I loved every minute of it.

Describing all this to the girls only made me squirm at their reactions.

"I can't believe this!" Amber screeched, falling back dramatically against the lockers with a dreamy look in her eye. "You two are so romantic," She gushed.

"I'll say," Dylan remarked. "You two are a walking cliché. Nothing more romantic than that."

I turned away from my locker to make a face at her. "Shut up, Dylan." I snapped lightly.

"Make out sessions, huh? One step closer to getting pregnant." Brynn sang teasingly, bumping her shoulder with mine.

"I am not getting pregnant!" I told her loudly. And, in my defense, there was only one make out session. So far. . .

I am a walking cliché, I thought distastefully.

"I never thought you would do something like this, Mace," Dylan mused.

My nose crinkled. "Do what?"

"You know." Dylan smirked at me, wiggling her eyebrows at me suggestively. "Friends with benefits."

"Dylan!" I squeaked, my face burning to a whole new temperature. I never thought about what was going on between Adrian and I as 'friends with benefits.' To think, I thought those people should just make themselves official rather than using each other for their own pleasure. Now I knew that some situations are different.

My situation just sounded ridiculous. 

A complicated relationship with my superstar best friend that has feelings for me, but we can't be together because of his career. Now we're sneaking around because our hormones are so out of check with all this sexual tension that we kiss each other whenever we feel the need to.