Chapter 11: Words on Paper

*Adrian's POV*

"Waffles for dinner is the best fucking idea ever."

Those were the first words to come out of Chase's mouth this morning. Not like it wasn't true though. After having that talk with Macey, we had went downtown to the Waffle House downtown. And may I say, it was freaking fantastic. The women who owned the place had even thrown in some on the house waffles for coming in. Apparently, the press had caught me going inside which gave Aunt Karen's Waffle House some big publicity. Luckily, Macey had gone in way before I had so the press couldn't twist some rumor up and spread it faster than a wildfire. Thank god they didn't get pictures of me.. Uh. Showing friendly affection to Macey. My manager would probably blow a gasket and I'd rather not drag Macey into my 'Hollywood life'.

Brandon scowled. "Are you kidding me? I couldn't sleep until 3 AM because I was on a sugar high."

"Not our fault you soaked your waffles in syrup."

"Not my fault you put salt in mine."

I rolled my eyes and tuned out their bickering. Besides the giant argument I had with my mangager the minute I walked through the door about more interviews, Brandon wasn't the only one tossing and turning that night. There was only one thing – or rather person – on my mind all night. 

"MACEY GIVE IT BACK!"

Speaking of that person..

Brandon and Chase's argument came to a halt when Amber's annoyed voice rang through the hall. Macey came running down the hall clutching a copy of The Fault In our Stars to her chest. Brynn and Dylan came trailing behind her with Amber hot on their heels.

"Guys give it back!" Amber whined.

"Get your head out of the book for more than an hour and maybe we will." Brynn called back. Amber stopped to catch her breathe, letting out a groan of frustration. 

Chase came to her side and ruffled her hair. "Poor Amber." He cooed. 

Amber slapped his hand away and gave us a pleading look. "Please help me."

Contemplating over the idea, we gave in to Amber's pleads. Brandon went after Brynn by gripping her tightly by her arms, Chase grabbed hold of Dylan and made sure she couldn't kick his insides in while I took Macey hostage inside my arms. She let out a squeal when my arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her towards my chest.

"Give it back." I whispered next to her ear. She shook her head stubbornly but she was laughing lightly. My mouth turned up in a smile. "Unless you want me to make a scene to up peoples' thoughts of us going out, I suggest you give Amber her book back."

Macey groaned and repressed the urge to struggle. After muttering something along the lines of 'traitor', she chucked the book in Amber's direction who caught it oh-so swiftly by letting it hit her arm and fall to the ground. Note the sarcasm.

"I hate you." Macey huffed.

I chuckled and loosened the death grip I had around her waist, pecking her on the cheek. "Love you too, sweetheart."

Once Amber had possession of her dear book, Dylan took the opportunity to elbow Chase hard in the ribs. "Don't touch me." she spat as she stalked over to Amber. Brandon released Brynn's wrist but proceeded to drape an arm around her shoulder.

"So why the game of monkey in the middle?" he asked.

The girls sent a blushing Amber a pointed look. "A guy –" Dylan started.

"A really hot guy." Macey and Brynn added together.

"– A freaking sex god was flirting with our dear friend this morning but somebody was too busy shoving her nose into a book that she didn't even blink an eyelash at the sexy beast."