Introduction

Dear Aaron,

            Our land seems so big and vast. Endless, into the horizon.  But I suppose all the people in the world wouldn’t fit here. Father explained that we are just one of many other kingdoms. I am reluctant to say that this sounded far stretched. How could there possibly be other kingdoms but us? I did hope that we were the greatest.

            I found out that there were other kingdoms the hard way, I guess. You might think that this is very absurd but my sisters and I did not often leave the castle. Until that happened…

            The kingdom of Donstania is the best in my opinion. It extends from the Mountains of Kalagin to the Desert of Barren. Most of Donstania is guarded by a stone outer wall which Father boasts is the strongest. Another wall guards this city. This wall is so thick that chariots can ride on them. The city is just wonderful! The streets are crowded with shops and bazaars, and people. We even have a hospital. One of the first.

            Our palace is the castle far from the rest of the kingdom. An outlier, if I may. It is north east and heavily surrounded by soldiers. The palace is quite lovely. We have ten small gardens, a beautiful courtyard, a pool filled with fish and lotus blossoms, and splendid rooms filled with luxurious furniture and breathtaking decorations. Father is very proud of it. “Suitable for a king,” he comments.

            I suppose this is where we come in. My father is the king of Donstania, as you might have guessed. I am proud to say that he rules just and fair. All our people love him dearly for he is not only my father but the father of the nation.

            Then there are my sisters and I. We were bore by our dying mother who is, sadly, now in her tomb. Because of this, we received unusual talents.

            Galena was born first. Mother named her after the precious stone. “As beautiful and stubborn as one,” she had told my father.

            Minutes later, Aqua was born. Mother named her for the great sea. “As moody and dear as the sea,” she had informed my father.

            Minutes later, Safire was born. Mother named her after the rash flames. “She will be lovely and damaging,” Mother said to my Father. 

            Then I was born. I was named Ericka for the wondrous sky. “Powerful yet loving,” my mother whispered, fondly, to my father. Those were her last words.

            Father is very proud of his daughters, the princesses of Donstania. And he states numerous times of how I resemble my mother greatly.

            I haven’t mentioned our powers much. Maybe you can guess them.

            Galena has a way with rocks. She can move them with the will of her mind and sense things underground.

            Aqua can shoot out water from inside of her and control it. She can also breathe underwater and not get crushed by the pressures of deep water.

            Safire can dance with flames. She is fire proof, can shoot out flames, and move it as she wishes.

            Many people tell me that I have the most powerful power. I can fly, shoot out and control winds and the air, and sense things in the air, which is everything basically.

            Some of our people were rumored to have powers as well. But none of them were as strong as ours. Except for maybe you, Aaron Delgado.

            Aaron was in the most popular musical group of this generation; the Paupers. This group consists of Aaron Delgado, Rupert Tell, Jonathan Blacksmith, and Perry Land.